Couple Oddities

Greetings. I've searched around but can't quite find the answer's to these. And for all I know it could be just 'me' and my machine or whatever).

On several occasions I've had this two particular

things happen. 1)I will be 'plusing' thru my troops checking them out and will come to one I want to do something with. If I right-click it and do a command, I invariably end up doing it for the previous unit. If I hit space bar, no problem. 2) I will again be 'plusing' around and I have come to realize I need to cycle around more then once to get all my troops. I.e. I will cycle thru and end up with my original unit to cycle thru again, and I do, for I know I have some other troops. And low and behold I indeed get to them on this second cycle thru. What' with that? Is this just some strange happening's on my part of the universe or are other's noticing such

occurrences?

Thanks.

Donan

[ August 27, 2003, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: Donan ]

This is an exceedingly rare phenomenon known as time shift. You were instantaneously displaced several seconds into the future when your body passed through a wormhole spontaneously generated by a vibrating superstring.

Alternatively, you may simply have had what is known in the business as a "senior moment". Could be either an early sign of Alzheimer's or that you are particularly susceptible to stroke. In any case, I wouldn't worry about it too much as you will probably be dead before you know it.

HTH

Michael

Originally posted by Donan:

Greetings. I've searched around but can't quite find the answer's to these. And for all I know it could be just 'me' and my machine or whatever).

things happen. 1)I will be 'plusing' thru my troops checking them out and will come to one I want to do something with. If I right-click it and do a command, I invariably end up doing it for the previous unit. If I hit space bar, no problem. 2) I will again be 'plusing' around and I have come to realize I need to cycle around more then once to get all my troops. I.e. I will cycle thru and end up with my original unit to cycle thru again, and I do, for I know I have some other troops. And low and behold I indeed get to them on this second cycle thru. What' with that? Is this just some strange happening's on my part of the universe or are other's noticing such

occurrences?

Thanks.

Donan

finally, somebody giving a less spectacular reason...

You don't have several units selected, do you? E.g. by double-clicking HQs or selecting units in a rectangle drawn across the map with the mouse. Then several units have the blue "selected" rim and one has the yellow rim. If you have selected several units, you cycle only thru the selected units. Commands are given to all of them, though depending on your "show path" option it may only show one path.

Gruß

Joachim

Originally posted by Donan:

occurrences?

Thanks.

Donan

finally, somebody giving a less spectacular reason...

You don't have several units selected, do you? E.g. by double-clicking HQs or selecting units in a rectangle drawn across the map with the mouse. Then several units have the blue "selected" rim and one has the yellow rim. If you have selected several units, you cycle only thru the selected units. Commands are given to all of them, though depending on your "show path" option it may only show one path.

Gruß

Joachim

Thanks folks. Seeing how no one has had this happen I could log it to definitely having a

'senior moment' :D I'm not double-clicking tho' and this has happened in several games. I must being doing something odd that is 'locked and blinded' by a mis-firing synapse :eek:

I can live with it (well darn, I have too!). It just takes a bit more care (space bar versus right-click) and to remember to cycle twice. No biggie in the realm of things. I can't remember wether this occurred in CMBO,but I'll find out soon enough smile.gif

Donan

p.s. And I have to thank Franko for an excellent

Korsun Pocket scenario, 'Hitler's Son' I'm having a blast as the Germans. I want to give CMBO SE a whirl and haven't been able too 'cause of this 'knock down' (in my limited gaming time).