How do i win "Cemetery Hill"?

Originally posted by JasonC:

The force ratio is backwards. It is a probe but with the attacker having 3 to the defenders 4, odds-wise.

If you want to balance it and keep the tactical situation, drop the recon platoon and one 82mm mortar from the Russian OOB. Give the Germans a third recon platoon, a second 75mm infantry gun, and a 105mm FO. Vets, like the rest.

That gives 4:3 odds favor the attackers instead of favor the defenders. As is, it is just broken.

So what? I regularly attack the AI at +100%. For attacks, this is a simple 1.5:2 or 3:4. I seldom reach every objective then, I win most, but barely total or major. But at least it is a challenge. (No, not pure armor as Germans in '43)

It starts getting tough when you have to fight 3.4:1 as a defender with reduced ammo.

IMHO this scenario is absolutely necessary to keep players from guessing the opposing reserve by counting what is already there. I've committed to many reserves with the knowledge that I've seen almost anything the enemy can throw at me and thus do not need my reserve any more.

Gruß

Joachim

@Sven, Andreas

Jetzt weiß ich, warum ich immer so schlecht gelaunt bin - ich hab' keinen Keller!

Its a very strange scenario to have been included with the game. In that respect, I sort of agree that it is somewhat broken.

I played this scenario once against the AI and once against a human, both times as German (the human had basically lost every game against me till then..basically I wanted something to let him win).

Its just so unfocused as a scenario. Perhaps as an opening to a campaign but in the end, a bad scenario.

I can play Wild Bill scenarios virtually dozens of times. They are so good.