Bugs / Balance issue's perhaps me just ranting

V1.04 Noticed this through 2 TPC games though some of it is carrying over from other games.

Eningeers: Cant fortify the German/Russian border if units are in contact. The war has not started but these eningeers are not doing thier job in TPC. Russia (or germany) should be able to build forts untill the DOW happens.

Transports: Yes I wrote on this before and here it is again. Ships are not doing enough damage to the two options of navy ground units. In fact I'm starting to think that even the Experance of the unit is given over to the Naval Ships so you do less damage with a BB, CV ect...

In a present game a 10 st UK BB attacks a str 12 German Army in Amphib, I recived a 2-0 report and did the attack. And yes I did only 2 damage.... BS!!!!! Please fix this so controling the sea means something and putting 60K-120K in ships to go out and find the other side's navy is not a good tactic.

All Surface Naval attacks against these units should be X2 what they are now.

Siberian Transfer: Not a bug but I fear we will see more and more people avoiding the triggers for this event as time go's on. Please put in a drop dead date for the troops to arrive (if one is not IG now).

Iraq: As UK I attacked Iraq and took the port city and Oil wells, but not the capital. I held all hex's in the country but this city however the convoy system never started and I didnt recive any MMPs from these resources. Seams a bug that Italy could take the oil wells and get the MPPs but UK can not unless the capital falls. Holding Kuiwat and not Bagdad should start the convoys I feel.

Balance issue's: Still a few to work out but no surprise as people are pushing more and more outside the box of options. I wounder what the effect of making Warsaw a str 10 city would do? Poland had a strong army and national pride. More and more I'm seeing as SC1, the speed game of Belguim on turn 2 and a few gambits with games over quick because only high risk moves seam to work (or fail)... bla bla bal.. ranting.

Enough

Not a rant but good points in it I would say smile.gif :

- damage of naval units vs transports/amphibs should in deed be increased. Doubling should do the trick so it will be risky for transports at sea and the navies can do their job (to sink transports) if necessary smile.gif

It should also be possible to attack transports/amphibs in port.

- Engineers and Iraq can be improved so the engineers can fortify the border and the convois do start when the starting port is in the hand of the convoy owner

But Siberian transfer has already a fail safe date: if they have not been triggered by enemy units, then the failsafe date is January 1942 which is sufficient in my opinion smile.gif .

[ September 09, 2006, 01:06 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]

When the trigger is activated (latest January 1, 1942) there is a 40% chance at the end of each turn (both allied and axis turn) Siberians appear. So Spring 1942 is the time they will usually appear - depending on your luck a bit earlier or later smile.gif .

[ December 31, 2006, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Terif ]

Other thing:

Since we are at balancing issues:

At the moment it seems to become a new trend to heavily diplo USA - this is in deed a bit too powerful in my opinion. Readiness increases are too large and create a huge benefit - so USA usually joins now in 1941 and sometimes even in 1940...and luck plays here a very large role - a few lucky hits and it can throw game balance out of the window ;) .

So diplo effect when influencing major nations should be around halved. Then it is really worth a consideration if someone wants to invest there or not - can still pay off, but not a no brainer any more like it is today smile.gif .

And another one, noticed in the last games:

Morale/readiness bonus from surrendered/liberated countries is definitely too high...it is getting standard as Axis to conquer nearly all remaining minors at the start of Barbarossa or when USA enters the war.

Result is that morale of the units often stays around 300 % for nearly half a year which is enough time to overrun all allied defences. In one of my last games it was really extrem:

Maximum was 367% morale for my units (and extremely low morale/readiness for the enemy) - expected damage against fully entrenched units in a city: 10 vs 0...Odessa: one hit and dead...even Moskov unit at entrenchment 6 got destroyed in a single attack !!

When morale/readiness finally dropped back near normal, Russia was already conquered - a straight walkover from the german border till Stalingrad within the summer of 1941.

Allies can prevent it a bit by preemptively declaring war to most neutral countries themselves, but this should not be the solution ;) . Hope one of the next patches improves the situation smile.gif .

guess who was playing the allies...yeah , me smile.gif

punkass corps with almost 400 morale hitting like there's no tommorrow...maybe this morale thingy should be reviewed - if the axis player times well the minor dows together with barbarossa, for several turns their units are nigh invulnerable.

some other valid points in this thread - kudos to IR and Yoda for their commitment to beta..err bugs finding :D