1.01 Patch - game crashes when Bulgaria enters the war

while using the 1.01 patch I discovered that the game crashes when the event "Bulgaria signs military pact with the axis" occurs.

A popup message comes up with the error "DIRECTSOUND FAILED: dserr_invalidparam" and the header "draw_sprite_on_map_surface".

I never had this error with 1.0. What can I do ?

My game crashes when Hungary enters the war.

Also I'm using the 2D icons because the 3D icons don't work - they all look like small tv screens filled with snow-noise.

I also get a intermittent crash that says not enough space to launch program.

Already sent a email to Fury Software with my dxdiag, sysinfo, and error files.

Using version 1.01 of the game too.

Cwmark, hotfix should be out soon...

First off, if you can send me a screenshot of the game with 3D icons that would be very helpful as off hand they should now work identically to 2D units, i.e. no difference in how they are drawn in game.

Question for you on the intermittent crash, did this happen under v1.00 as well?

For possible solutions, please check to see if you are running a program called Winamp. Verify that the default output device setting for Winamp (under the Preferences menu) is set to DirectSound Output. If not please set it to this output selection. Oddly enough, and currently for reasons unknown, this has had some sort of effect on SC2 and known to be a cause of this intermittent crash you are reporting.

Alternatively can you try the following:

- Try renaming the file called 'intro.wav' in your 'Sounds' folder to 'intro_bak.wav.

- Then paste a copy of 'chat.wav' into another folder (other than the 'Sounds' folder) and rename this copy to 'intro.wav'. Move this renamed file back into your 'Sounds' folder

There was a rare error where the size of the 'intro.wav' seemed to cause a memory issue similar to the one you reported and essentially this method allows you to load the game with a smaller (similarily named) 'intro.wav'

Let me know if this helps,

Hubert