Routers Solved, Hosting For All!

• 2 weeks later...

So only the person that is the host of hamachi can create games?

I have problems trying to play online with others, but have this program already; so will this mean that I always have to host the game or can i be the one that "connects" to the host?

Originally posted by Xanos:

So only the person that is the host of hamachi can create games?

I have problems trying to play online with others, but have this program already; so will this mean that I always have to host the game or can i be the one that "connects" to the host?

Yes, The Hamachi Host, the one who created the Network must Host the Game for the client the player that uses his network. The program assigns those of us behind routers a usable IP address that can be recognized by games like Strategic Command2 and MANY others. Anyone can be a Host now behind a router

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For some time, I couldn't TCP/IP with Hamachi. I and my opponents were showing yellow status on the SC2 network. Iron Ranger just looked to see if him and I had the same version of Hamachi and that wasn't the case. He was .56 and I was .60. So, make sure you all update your version to the latest, updated around the beginning of July.

Also, regarding what Liam said: (Yes, The Hamachi Host, the one who created the Network must Host the Game...), that does not seem to be necessary as Iron and me are playing together without having created the SC 2 network.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Strange guys, worked me about 10-15 players so far as I've seen. You have to install the program Hamachi, have the other player install it as well. Create a Network, have him join your network. Then you join with the IP that Hamachi provides through that Network. If you do not understand perhaps I can give you a demonstration, give me your IP and I'll see what I can do the next time you're on-line. I have never had an issue so far... Remeber both have to be logged in, it's much like filesharing program but directly between you and those you choose

Originally posted by waltero:

Never worked for me:(