Questions from a New SC Player

CanuckGamer

Playing my first game of SC by PBEM and having a lot of fun. A couple of questions for you veteran players. Is there any way to skip the introductory screen (with the leader faces) and the accompanying music? Secondly, we are playing without the War in Siberia optional rule but it is March 1942 and no reinforcements from the far east have shown up. Are these reinforcements triggered by German proximity to Moscow?

Just a comment. As the Allies, I invaded Ireland but afterwards noticed that there is no port so the only way I can get my invading unit off the island is by disbanding it!

Anyway, as I mentioned, we are enjoying our first game and will be playing a lot more!

>Is there any way to skip the introductory screen (with the leader faces) and the accompanying music?

A mouse click does it, and I think the ESC key.

>Secondly, we are playing without the War in Siberia optional rule but it is March 1942 and no reinforcements from the far east have shown up. Are these reinforcements triggered by German proximity to Moscow?

Yes, 3 hexes I believe.

>Just a comment. As the Allies, I invaded Ireland but afterwards noticed that there is no port so the only way I can get my invading unit off the island is by disbanding it!

Correct. Not much can be done about this. I mean consider that the whole of Spain has only one port!

Hello

I think the lack of a port in Ireland, while a pain, is also realistic in a certain way.

Considering Irish history, no one could conquer it and then leave it ungarrisoned (though this really should apply to most countries).

Ireland is still worth taking - but only land one corps to take the place.

Have fun.

Bill

Originally posted by CanuckGamer:

Is there any way to skip the introductory screen (with the leader faces) and the accompanying music?

This might be a sound issue, try setting the line 'sound interrupt = 0' to 'sound interrupt = 1' in your SC.ini file. This file can be found in your SC installation directory.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by CanuckGamer:

Is there any way to skip the introductory screen (with the leader faces) and the accompanying music?

This might be a sound issue, try setting the line 'sound interrupt = 0' to 'sound interrupt = 1' in your SC.ini file. This file can be found in your SC installation directory.

Hope this helps,

Hubert </font>