Challenge to Zappsweden: 1-one-1 league pal, just You & I.

jon_j_rambo

@Zappsweden --- You've started to annoy me, your game is obsolete. I was considering a refresh in ISCL awhile back, been playing so many bums, I try whacky strategies & get bored. So...I want a 1-one-1 league set up at Case's Leader. Call it,"A League of Their Own" or something. Anyhow, I've owned you for years with just my "B-game". "Not so fast my friend" --- Lee Corso.

Latest Power Rankings:

1) Terif

2) Rambo

3) Zapp

4) DragonSlow

5) Avatar

the rest? who cares?

Bah the AI has not ego? It has!!! Last time i had some smack talk with the AI and finally we decided to solve this on the battlefield. :D

This bloody bastard decided to play Overlord ag me best of 3.

First game was at levl 0 and i kicked his ass.

Second game was at levl 1 and again my victory.

But finally in our third game he was headcracking me and hissed his flag in berlin. ;)

But nevertheless 2:1 for me and now he is pissed with me :D:D

that overlord is weird ... AI won vs me but berlin and rome were axis held ... bleah

sometimes i manage to retreat in good order from russia and they can't do crap to me but they still win because of larger overall score (i guess). Only one game i managed to utterly trash the AI in 1944 scenario.

As for 39 scenario i found out that it is better to play allies and let AI have +2exp as Axis - game is challenging to some point (where axis go out of supply in russia).

I played vs AI allied and gave 500 mpps in 1/5/20 system - olala russians got 11k mpps - game ended in nov 1943 - mpps in large quantites for the AI are useless as the AI does not know how to make good use of those extra mpps.

I think you should now consider the physics:

Leistung = Arbeit x Zeit

Regarding this simple truth the power ranking is this one:

1. Terif

2. Avatar

3 Rambo on his A day

4. LIAM and Zap not tested yet

5. Friendly fire

6. /Desaix

6.a Sombra

7.Cosmin

8. Rambo playing his B-game

9. Dragonheart

10. Königstiger (Rambo isnt the only one who suffers from multiple personalities)

20+: Rambo on his C game day.....

Now my real power ranking from AARs or personal experience:

A++ :

Terif

A+: Dragonheart and Zap

A: Avatar

B+: Rambo (Liam ?)

B: Desaix, Friendly fire, Sombra,Feldtrompeter

B-: Cosmin, Amadeus

Wow. Thanks for making my day Sombra smile.gif . I think everyone has a different perspective on how good people are. For sure some think Rambo #2, but others think Zapp is, or me, or etc etc. What counts is consistentcy. I don't think I give away many games, and rarely do I not play my A game, except against Terif smile.gif . Rambo is an excellent player, and on his good days, he's GOOD. But, like he already knows, he likes to screw with new strategies. I don't think it's a bad thing at all, but it costs him many games. Zapp too thinks this way. I really try to follow the way of Terif, but it's a long, hard, rocky path :D

Hehe now we have a full house :D ...the forum woke up ...no more winter silence....

No need of a tourney ...on one hand for me its clear ---> its me!! :D and on the other hand we are all members of ISCL ....so we can fight it out there.

You will need more then your A-Game....better combination would be Rambo I with A-Game...as Rambo II with A-Game was rather weak we dont know Rambo III with A Game. LOL

I do not agree with Avatar about consistency, rather I agree with Rambo on this one. I think that the top performances count more. Look at Golf tours, Tennis tours. Tiger Woods can finish win 2-3 tournaments in a row and then get eliminated the next.

Just because players play despite bad hours (late at night), play when they feel sick or not sharp should not count against them. When you are at your best, that what counts.

Europeans think alot different than Americans. What counts is "PrimeTime" --- Dion Sanders. "The World is Watching" --- Monday Night Football. Euros like soccor, that's a long, slow, boring game, no wonder...well, you know. You're better off to hit the big payday & parlay your quick success. "Average guys go home as losers, winners get the PromQueen" --- Sean Connery in The Rock.

Originally posted by zappsweden:

I do not agree with Avatar about consistency, rather I agree with Rambo on this one. I think that the top performances count more. Look at Golf tours, Tennis tours. Tiger Woods can finish win 2-3 tournaments in a row and then get eliminated the next.

Just because players play despite bad hours (late at night), play when they feel sick or not sharp should not count against them. When you are at your best, that what counts.

Sorry, at least in the games against Avatar and DH what counts is the "stayer" qualities. Even when the game goes downhill: bad tech or combat rolls they draw back and reorganize and don´t give up. What I have seen from Rambo is when he is unlucky he starts to make stupid things and tells you this wasn´t his A game. Top performance one game + bottom level next one.

Other qualites I value: Courtesty of players to show up at appointed time, quick play, nice and funny comments during the game.

My personal worst + most feared enemy is DH. Our games are always much much fun but it is soooo depressing to loose again and again by hair width even when all goes right. redface.gif

Worst manners in TCP/IP games: Call or imply other players are cheaters. :mad:

@SomeBra --- Hmmm....so what are you implying? What's my overall record against you? You won one game, the first one. I allow newbies a free game (I buy rockets on turn #3) to help them out. I met you on PanzerLiga, not much competition there (save Terif & DH), so I was playing it easy on you. After that, you got nothing but headcracks smile.gif

To be an excellent player one need a lot of qualities.

PATIENCE - helps alot when having bad rolls you try the rite tactic again and again until it works for you. When the other player defends well you keep your way and dont risk to much even your conquest will last longer. When the SC-God doesnt like you and you dont get tech..to step back and make the best with your opportunities until you catched up.

BASIC KNOWLEDGE ABOUT GAME MECHANICS - to know everything about the game mechanics (Russian border thing, supply etc.)

SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE ABOUT SPECIAL EVENTS -to know how to counter special strategies (Gambits, Rocket Strategy,Sub Stragegy,AA-Strategy etc)

TO HAVE A GOOD STRATEGIC PLAN - to know what you wanna reach and how to reach

TO KNOW WHEN YOU HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR ORIGINAL PLAN

- many players stick with their plan and doesnt change their tactic when something doenst work

TO HAVE A GOOD MEMORY - to know which AF´s intercepted, got repairs, attacked twice in a row, how many remaining points a withdrewed damaged unit has ..etc

TO KNOW THE CORRECT ORDER OF ATTACK SEQUENCE - sometimes one can reach better results with another combat order

TO KNOW YOUR ENEMIES :D - some ppl never adopt their own strategies others play different ag certain players

TO IMPROVE YOUR GAMEPLAY - to learn from faults and making your game better and better

There are many other too for sure...other important things would be relyability,speed,decent playing, respect for other players,small talk during game or to know when a good smacktalk will end and when its getting to serious ...but these aspects count towards your own person and have nothing to do how good you are.

Selective memory? BSE from eating to much beef? ;)

Even here on battlefront there are at least two AARs where you lost but hey I didn´t even count the other games we played. Sambo when you get older you only remember the good times ;) . I admit that the last game we played I lost. But as we say in Germany : Even a blind chicken finds sometimes a grain of wheat.

For reading of our past encounters here on battlefront look up:

1. Topic: AAR - Grudge Match - Sombra (Europe) vs Rambo (USA)

2. Its a crying game. Rambo vs Sombra

3. Challenge for the Nr.2 => Rambo

Is you want we can play a few hours tomorrow. I will take a day off smile.gif