Boycott 1.03 (CD Check)

dpstafford

Originally posted by MrWinterbottom:

....l337 ....

I keep seeing this of other variations on "l33*" in various posts - what does it mean/stand for or whatever??

Tell me about it! I had problems finding a usable web name, and didn't understand why, at first.

On the issue of 1.03: Don't you think this is a bit insulting to Hubert? Yes, it can be a pain. But it isn't a showstopper, and the other improvements more than make up for it.

Edit to say: This is my name, dammit. If you really are so "elite", then spell the word correctly!

[ August 18, 2002, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: R_Leete ]

Originally posted by MrWinterbottom:

....l337 ....

I keep seeing this of other variations on "l33*" in various posts - what does it mean/stand for or whatever??

I haven't downloaded 1.03, nor do I plan on doing so. I am a person that likes music, and I play my music through my computer because it's got the best sound system in the house. All this music comes through my CD-Rom drive, and I'd rather listen to my music that be forced to play with the CD in.

You know, I think I was one of the first to post about my displeasure about needing the cd for my laptop. But upon further consideration, I realized that had the original purchase required me to have the cd in the drive, I would not have given it any further thought. Afterall, it's not the only game where I have to do so... So I won't fret over it any longer now and maybe it's best if everyone else does as well. Let's just enjoy the game.... smile.gif

[ August 18, 2002, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: J Wagner ]

It's a shame this game wasn't reviewed with the AI behind the newest version. I still win on Expert, 0 as either side, but you have to play the AI like a human and have patience. My first game, at Expert, +2 ended in a loss as the Axis in September '43. I got bogged down in France (took over a year to take!) because I went at Sweden immediately after Poland (doable if the computer doesn't start with all his units +2 exp).

The "proactive defense" in Russia is a big improvement.

All the whining about having to have the CD is amazing. I'd encourage people to try the patch and see if that's really what they want to play against instead of beating up the original AI.

Gunslinger

Just a word about the future. Anyone who refuses to download this patch for that one reason will probably be stuck with v1.02 indefinitely, as it is a feature that will probably be included on all future patches as well.

On another note, this is an issue of respect. Hubert has always dealt openly and honestly with us all. He is making an attempt to protect his intellectual property. He has been open and honest about this as well. It's really not that much of an inconvenience. Shame on you all for a bunch of whiners.