Gds Starfury

Andre Bolkonsky

Hey Andre long time no see. Glad to see a familiar face around here. Still doing the CC thing here. In fact got a mod for CC5 based on Kursk in the works. If ya want we can meet over in the cc3 zone lobby and get a game going. As a special treat heres a bit of what Ive got in store for SC. http://www.geocities.com/gds_starfury/StratCom.html just extract it to your bitmaps folder and overwrite the existing file. All medals are now accurate with respects to their main country.

[ December 03, 2002, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: GDS_STARFURY ]

used to do some AAR for close combat, the scale of the game fits well to them. They can almost seem personal if you can remeber the names of your men. Another type of AAR that is fun but much rarer is the same game/different players blind AAR. This is were both ppl write the AAR without checking with the other person for referance. The differences you find can tell you a lot about whats in a persons head.

Thank you very much smile.gif Ive put up a picture of the redone German units at http://www.geocities.com/gds_starfury/StratCom.html I still need to tweak the planes a bit more. The progression here is as follows:

HQ, Corp, Army, Pz-2, Pz-3, Pz-4, Panther, King Tiger, Maus, Fw-190, Ta-154, He-280, Me-262, Me-1011, Ho-229, He-111, He-274, Ju-488, Ar-234, He-343, Ar-e555, Bismark, Schornhurst, Graf Spree, U-Boat, Transport

Starfury,

I'm looking forward to downloading your little gift. I've seen your work before, and it gets better with age. We'll find a weekend and hash out a full online game. Count on it.

Hubert,

SC might become the best game I've ever played, and I've played most all of them. The core system of 3rd Reich structure and Panzer General interface is brilliantly simplistic. Everytime I turn around, another friend from another place shows up.

In that regard; I'd like to commend you for not letting your ego obstruct the efforts of guys like Starfury, Otto, and others who go to so much effort for the sheer love of the game. You'd be surprised how many games are diminished by the hubris of their developers; then again, since you seem to dodge that bullet, maybe you wouldn't.

Keep up the good work, and let me know if I can lend a helping hand.

Originally posted by Andre Bolkonsky:

Hubert,

SC might become the best game I've ever played, and I've played most all of them. The core system of 3rd Reich structure and Panzer General interface is brilliantly simplistic. Everytime I turn around, another friend from another place shows up.

In that regard; I'd like to commend you for not letting your ego obstruct the efforts of guys like Starfury, Otto, and others who go to so much effort for the sheer love of the game. You'd be surprised how many games are diminished by the hubris of their developers; then again, since you seem to dodge that bullet, maybe you wouldn't.

Keep up the good work, and let me know if I can lend a helping hand.

Thanks and I will!

Hubert

Hey Andre I otta leave today for work out of town for a week but when I get back Id really like to try a tcp/ip game. We can hook up in the cc3 lobby if ya want, a lot of the old farts you remeber are still there. Come to think of it, Im unaware of any other game lobby were its so easy to pick up a game..any game.