Questions to Terif and to other veterans

Desaix

Originally posted by Codename Condor:

I didnt say that. i hardly remember those old games.

ICQ conversation today:

zappsweden 2004-11- 12:39 i have one question. since you were a clone of

terif and played many months ago. Did terif

exploit the interception flaws?

Condor 2004-11- 12:40 ive never used the AA thingy

zappsweden 2004-11- 12:40 no i mean the old interception flaw.

zappsweden 2004-11- 12:40 before 1.07

Condor 2004-11- 12:40 and if terif wouda used agaisnt me i woulda

noticed

Condor 2004-11- 12:41 yeah terif used the carrier bug

[ November 28, 2004, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are a weirdo. Now u save private conversations and u twist em, omg. Of course Terif used it, and u and everybody thats what i said what i dont know is if he used it prior or later of the discovery of the bug...and i dont give a damn about it...

Good. That says it all because Terif was the one who told me about the old carrier flaw (interception flaw) when I specifically asked him about it due to strange losses i.e he knew about it before me.

[ November 28, 2004, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

i dont think he exploited the bug. Maybe he won some games with it before he shared the bug. I told u , i really dont know. Well, look what Rambo did when he found out about the Rome Invasion, he used it against terif trying to beat him that way. I discovered that Rome flaw long way ago and i didnt try to beat anybody with it.

AA Bug:

I also believe no one purposedly used AA Bug before it was publicly announced, at leist from my observations. I have no indications or reasons to believe it. I had no intension to distort what you said, Condor.

Interception Flaw (Carrier flaw):

I am convinced Terif used it to win games especially since his (now outdated due to patch) strategy depended on it and that he did not reveal it until confronted with a question.

[ November 28, 2004, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

i dont think he exploited the bug. Maybe he won some games with it before he shared the bug. I told u , i really dont know. Well, look what Rambo did when he found out about the Rome Invasion, he used it against terif trying to beat him that way. I discovered that Rome flaw long way ago and i didnt try to beat anybody with it.

I have played him over 50 times and lost to Super Carriers enough times to tell. Allies making strikes from London Port already during the LC/French Campaign and Allies taking over the skies permanently after Paris fell. It is not an excuse but a fact.

Hi All

While you guys out there are back on smack ground I like to come back to a (minor) subject:

Terif posted:

To allow UK AA research while it is forbidden for Axis gives me not a good feeling. Would be also kind of unfair when Axis are not allowed to develope countermessures. In the long-run Allies could also get an undefeatable advantage when developing high AA levels. Same as Axis can do today. OK, they have only London + eventually Manchester to use it, but whith AA 3+ even this can be enough to kill any enemy resistance with the AA bonus. Not to forget they will liberate other cities at the front and then can use the AA bonus from these ressources too.

The last part is not true, AFAIK. UK can only exploit the AA bug from original UK ground but not from conquerred territories.

It is very sad to see the old "you-did-me-wrongs" back in the forum. Who cares about 2003. 2005 is at the door and some people don't find better things to talk about than the stories of SC-centuries ago.

FT

[ November 28, 2004, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: Feldtrompeter ]

@ Feldtrompeter

"The last part is not true, AFAIK. UK can only exploit the AA bug from original UK ground but not from conquerred territories."

Realy ? I have never pushed the AA thing to extended tests myself, so I try to save time by learning form more experienced players...

Huh did i miss something :confused: ...seems some ppl lost alot of games and are now looking for an excuse. :D

@FT

Really? I always try to conquer all this ressources with the english in order to have this AA advantage. Thats also the reason that i do not capture paris sometimes even if i could. IMO it should work if not then i learned something new...but this doesnt matter as all my new games will be without AA research.

Ok, I did some playtesting on the AA bug ... and I have to alter my statement about UK not being able to exploit the Bug outside of UK territory.

UK is indeed able to use the bug in reconquerred French cities (Paris still occuppied) and also in cities that they conquerred on German (and Italian?) ground.

(So you did well in not conquerring Paris, Dragon smile.gif )

But UK is not able to benefit from the bug on liberated terrain of German-DOWed Minors. So Norway, Belgium, Vichy, etc. are not able to aid UK with the bug during Air-Battles.

FT