TCP/IP Multiplayer Patch Released!!!

Hubert Cater

Play online! We are very proud to announce that the new TCP/IP patch (v1.05) has now officially been released.

The patch can be downloaded for free from the Battlefront Downloads page, and enables online play over the Internet or LAN against other human opponents via TCP/IP.

TCP/IP (v1.05) Changes Include:

- added TCP/IP play (PBEM and TCP/IP games are interchangeable, see the 'TCPIP Quick

How To' guide in the Strategic Command installation directory for further details

- added storable preferences, set personal preferences will now be stored in your

installation directory and will not be overwritten when playing multiplayer games

by your opponents preferences

- added 'Declaration of War' popup during TCP/IP and PBEM replays

- tweaked Siberian Transfer triggers to weigh the Stalingrad/Caucuses area a bit more

- fixed some minor PBEM replay bugs

- fixed rare launch crash

- fixed Campaign load crash for corrupted campaign files

- fixed the PBEM exit bug, should no longer freeze up as it did on some systems

- fixed rare AI bug

*Remember: There is a 'TCPIP Quick How To Guide' included in the release. This guide is a text file that can be found in your installation directory once the patch (v1.05) has been applied and should answer most questions regarding the new Multiplayer functionality for Strategic Command.

Enjoy!

Hubert

I also wanted to extend a special thanks to (I hope I didn't miss anyone here) Immer Etwas, Bill Macon, Jollyguy, Daringly, Lance Larka, Marc Rebhun, Jon Pesano, Davide Albegor, Rob Anderson and Russ Bensing who volunteered some of their time to playtest and provide some feedback for the latest patch!

Hubert

Originally posted by Madmatt:

cough cough..and???? Forgetting someone Hubert?

Madmatt

He typed in "Madmatt" but because of a software bug it came out "Russ Bensing." I didn't do anything.

Glad to bask in the congratulatory glow, however momentary and undeserved.

[ October 23, 2002, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: arby ]

"[[QB]Dude, click the hyperlinked text in Hubert's initial post "downloads" at the top of the thread. The 1.05 link is right there in yellow/gold. If it is not, clear your browser cache.

cheers,

Ray"

I know you might think I am nuts but dude, i cleared my cache and even tried it on a brand spanking new computer but the download page shows version 1.04 and the demo. smile.gif I will try again tomorrow.

I know you might think I am nuts but dude, i cleared my cache and even tried it on a brand spanking new computer but the download page shows version 1.04 and the demo. smile.gif I will try again tomorrow.

Not sure but this could be your ISP, if you still can't see the link by tommorrow send me an email and I'll figure out something for you.

Hubert

Originally posted by windstarz:

I went the Fury main page and found the link to download ver1.05 but when i go there i still dont find it. WHERE IS IT?

Hey Windstarz, I don't think you are nuts. ;)

Anyway, check your mail, I put a copy of the patch on my ftp server. I have sent you the username/password you will need to get it.

cheers,

Ray

Thanks for the Patch Hubert.

However, the port of Bordeaux in South Western France is STILL called ARACHON and NOT ARCACHON as it should.

Nothing drastic but it came as a surprise to see it with a typo as I've mentioned this previously.

Thanks for the hard work and dedication though.

:D

As originally posted by Hubert Cater:

Forgot to mention that some of the interface mods may need to be adjusted a bit since there were a few graphic additions included for this patch.

Have these mods been updated yet?

Which of the many great mods can we still use?

JMB -- do your excellent unit icons need to be updated or somehow altered to fit the new schematic?

Inquiring minds need to know! smile.gif