Partisans in Russia

imported_Rannug

Russian partisans will definitely appear in Axis-held cities with no Axis units on or adjacent to them. I believe they will also appear similarly in mountain hexes, though I am not sure about forests (don't think so).

The Sevastopol fort hex is an interesting question- never tried it.

It would be nice to be able to do one of the following when purchasing units for anti partisan duties:

1. Have the abiltiy to select what strength points you want the unit to start with, and save some funds in so doing...

2. Have the ability to purchase 5 strength point rear echelon Corp.

I usually send battle reduced Corp to the rear to serve as anti Partisian units, but being able to purchase either a specific unit or a reduced Corp would be nice....

Originally posted by J P Wagner:

It would be nice to be able to do one of the following when purchasing units for anti partisan duties:

1. Have the abiltiy to select what strength points you want the unit to start with, and save some funds in so doing...

2. Have the ability to purchase 5 strength point rear echelon Corp.

I usually send battle reduced Corp to the rear to serve as anti Partisian units, but being able to purchase either a specific unit or a reduced Corp would be nice....

I think the idea is to make Partisans a MPP hinderence to the Axis either way, if what you say was possible, it would reduce this and give the Axis another advantage.

If you wanted to make the partisans a real hinderance to a winning Axis player have them also appear after Russia surrenders with each Russian partisan unit increasing the chance for another partisan unit appearing by 10%.

Thus the Axis could not send all of their units to the Western front after Russia surrenders.

Post Surrender Russian Partisans

1 on Map = 15% per turn

2 on Map = 25% per turn

3 on Map = 35% per turn with a 50% for a 2nd partisan unit appearing that turn.

4 on Map = 45% per turn "

5 on Map = 55% per turn "

6 on Map = 65% per turn "

And if their are 6 or more Post Russian Surrender Partisan units on the map then a second Siberian Transfer Event occurs with the remainder of the Russian units that were guarding the Siberian front. :D

Naturally the Allied player can choose whether these new Free Russian (aka Free French) units appear in Northern, Central or Southern Russia.

[ October 20, 2003, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: Edwin P. ]

• 2 months later...

Hi Friendly Fire,

the type or nationality of a unit doesnt matter. You can use airfleets, rockets, minor units, everything...best/cheapest are (damaged) corps of course ;) . The only thing you cant use are ships :D .

Partisans appear in mountains, cities and swamps.

They do not appear in forests, mines, oilfields or fortresses... i.e. you do not need to garrison Sevastopol cause it is only a fortress and not a city.

The problem is this, if you don't hold locations "next" to where they appear, and you have no one around to prevent their movement, then you can just assume you will have lost that location "they couldn't appear in", as they will have simply walked in and taken it.

I have yet to encounter a dumb AI controlled partisan on the base easy setting, so you have to assume if you leave it open, they will immediately take it from you.