I have the game, its ok, I was going home, changed my mind

Just dropping in to say bye to those that care.

I have the game, played a few games so far, I am not all that thrilling yet as an opponent hehe.

I have finally come to grips with the reality, that I am wasting a lot of time on a lot of forums to no real end.

So this is bye guys. Those that know me know where to find me.

If some day SC2 is released, I am sure I will hear of it in my own part of the forum universe.

if anyone wants a game, they will have to look me up on their own time, and over at my own space.

[ January 08, 2003, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: Les the Sarge 9-1b ]

Sarge-I'm a nOOb here on the forum, but I have read the posts from the beginning and truly wish you would reconsider, especially as you now have the game. Coming from a wargamer background, I feel you could offer some excellent insights to the nOOb's who will continue to come aboard and seek guidance from the veterans. I feel that you are the type of individual who can offer advice and help with great patience.

I also have an extensive AH background, and while the mechanics of SC are different than 3R, I have found that a lot of the feel is still there in this remarkable game.

In closing I would request that you continue to play SC and enjoy, but on occaision drop by the SC Forum with some of your observations.

Thanks for your time.

Hmm (yes I am slumming and at this moment making it look like nothing I say can be relied upon hehe).

But your one reply was nice to see Jim.

Some think I am an opinionated nasty jerk that spouts off even when he hasn't got the game.

I don't care for being called a nasty jerk though (or as much through implication).

I'm an aries though, it's impossible to be me and not opinionated.

But thanks for your comment Jim. It was enough.

Right now the only games I am fussing with are a Steel Panthers Mega Campaign and SC.

I am trying to severely edit out of my daily routine silly pointless postings.

I hope to only contribute when it is actually wanted.

Sarge --

"I am trying to severely edit out of my daily routine silly pointless postings."

We've reached the same conclusion through apparently different routes. The other day I started a forum asking, for the second or third time, if there were some way to organize these things a little more efficiently and got instead a belligerant, antagonized response from the moderator and the forum got a padlock, that was it for me as well.

I still scan these things and when someone asks specifically for an answer from me, I respond. Other than that I find I no longer have any desire to initiate forums or post anything serious here.

Amazing how after initiating dozens of forums and entering 750 primarily serious postings the best you can get from the moderators is a kick in the ass. And you're supposed to bend over and say please to get it.

Well, if some one has to be bitchy about doing his job and thinks that job is repression against the contributors, then there isn't much point in contributing.

After having gone back and looking through all the past pages of this site, it's obvious there are really only about ten or so game related issues and if they were set in a permanent area half the routine questions would be answered before they were asked and half the new forums wouldn't begin as they've already been addressed. But stated this got a padlock. It's about the same thing as when that other group decided to burn a bunch of books. Why write one?

Les the Sarge:

Add me to the list of those who hope that you will stick around. smile.gif

Now that you have the game, you will surely learn new strategems and have even more ideas for SC2.

I am quite certain we could all benefit from your extensive gaming experience. ;)

[ January 07, 2003, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: Immer Etwas ]

Very interesting posts by Jim Boggs and JerseyJohn. Even more so because it seems that both are the same person, as a quick IP comparison has revealed. Both accounts used two identical IPs on more than one occasion, which is enough proof for us to assume that it's somebody using multiple logins. This is not allowed by our forum rules, therefore both accounts have now been banned.

Martin

SC has been out long enough now that all ideas for the game have been basically spent...sure there are an occasioanal new idea but let's face it, the dead horse has been beaten to such a pulp that it's now krazy glue....once Hubert announces the game design for SC2, then things will quicken apace...

Moon! Here we go man. I suggested before that JerseyJohn was actually CvM. Man I was in the right continent but wrong person. Keep up the work.

I guess some guys will shake now when SC-administration looks deeper into this conspiracy.

No one gonna call Old´Kuni a fool anymore... tongue.gif

Originally posted by Moon:

Very interesting posts by Jim Boggs and JerseyJohn. Even more so because it seems that both are the same person, as a quick IP comparison has revealed. Both accounts used two identical IPs on more than one occasion, which is enough proof for us to assume that it's somebody using multiple logins. This is not allowed by our forum rules, therefore both accounts have now been banned.

Martin

Lol Split-Personality aye?

Too bad both accounts made a lot of sense. BTW Moon Good job i like to see moderators doing a good job even if i always don't agree with thier decisions.

;)

Moon

I have to disagree with your decision here. There is a good possibilty that their IPs are the same because of the web services they use. It has been know to happen to AOL users. Not to mention that their profiles show they have completely diffrent jobs, e-mail addresses, and locations. Also JerseyJohn has contributed much to the forms by way of suggestions to newbies as well as sharing his tactics and ideas with other players. If you look at his past posts he has not shown any disrespect to other players. I am sure others would be willing to vouch for him too. I request for the above reasons (and this is no disrespect to you or any other administratior, I think you guys have done a good job with this form) that you reconsider your desicion or at least look into the matter more.

Comrade Trapp

Originally posted by Comrade Trapp:

Moon

I have to disagree with your decision here. There is a good possibilty that their IPs are the same because of the web services they use. It has been know to happen to AOL users. Not to mention that their profiles show they have completely diffrent jobs, e-mail addresses, and locations. Also JerseyJohn has contributed much to the forms by way of suggestions to newbies as well as sharing his tactics and ideas with other players. If you look at his past posts he has not shown any disrespect to other players. I am sure others would be willing to vouch for him too. I request for the above reasons (and this is no disrespect to you or any other administratior, I think you guys have done a good job with this form) that you reconsider your desicion or at least look into the matter more.

Comrade Trapp

Excellent Points Algreat Points, sure your Not Jersey in disguise? Lol JK

I second the motion Niether of those accounts have been disruptive or Hateful in anyway. And i for one know that jersey is a AOL user. Poor AOL bastards get it from everywhere lol When will they learn?

AND i was gonna ask Boggs if he knew Wade.

[ January 07, 2003, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: Hueristic ]

Originally posted by Hueristic:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Comrade Trapp:

Moon

Comrade Trapp

Excellent Points, sure your Not Jersey in disguise? Lol JK

I second the motion Niether of those accounts have been disruptive or Hateful in anyway. And i for one know that jersey is a AOL user. Poor AOL bastards get it from everywhere lol When will they learn?

AND i was gonna ask Boggs if he knew Wade.</font>

Hmmm Jim Boggs is Jersey John?

I think it is unfortunate he is banned now.

His kind words are the only reason I am typing this.

I am not want to say I am valuable in any special way, or that my contributions have any special worth, but I am concerned, that he has been banned, and almost right after getting a disillusioned member to reconsider not coming back.

I only loaded the game up to try it, on the basis of Bill Macon's concerned comments as a dedicated A3R fan.

Because I AM after all a die hard board gamer, that doesn't willingly give up his time to play computer games.

I have mentioned a few notions about how the site might be improved, but it is after all NOT my site. So if the ideas are not wanted, I can live with that.

In a shocking move (to me at least), Battlefront is currently the only site (outside of my home turf), that has shown me (through its members), it has members that would miss my participation (in a significant fashion).

I do hope that Jim Boggs (even if he is JJ or Elvis or whatever), is given a chance to clear up the matter.

Otherwise his own efforts will have been poorly spent.

[ January 07, 2003, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: Les the Sarge 9-1b ]

Les, I've made my pitch for SC several times. If SC is not for you for whatever reason, I think that's your loss and our loss, since we won't hear your constructive comments on how to make the game better. Just saying the game isn't worth playing without fully understanding it or offering specific recommendations for improvements doesn't help much.

Listening to you here and on other forums, it's not clear what you expect from computer games and why you bother to participate on the forums. Nobody appreciates a negative attitude. There are games and game genres I absolutely hate, but I don't go around badmouthing them. Instead I focus on a few and offer comments that I hope will make those games better for me and others in the future. FWIW, I'm enjoying the games, enjoying the forum discussions (with a few exceptions), and occassionally rewarded for my efforts. If you are not having a similar positive experience, maybe you should reconsider a few things. ;)

Bill I DO have the game, I AM playing it, and you ARE one of the few reasons. For all that, the SC community at least owes you some small measure of thanks I suppose.

I don't know if Jim Boggs is JJ and I could care less. Someone named Jim Boggs said he would like me to stay. He sounded genuine.

So I am confused by your post just here Bill.

As I mentioned plainly for all to see, and knowing that others can occasionally see my postngs elsewhere on pother forums abroad (and see the dates and times when I posted), I was surprised to see Jim Boggs banned not moments after he was able to successfully get me to reconsider perhaps, the SC forum.

I am not in love with SC in a few ways (but even our most rabid fans in here want some adhjustments), the fact it is even on my computer at all though is saying alot more for it that a lot of other games.

I don't know if I will have a lot of detailed analysis for the forum in the future, I don't get that analytical with computer wargames.

I measure a computer wargame by, did it do something hopelessly dumb over and over. Did it make my best moves seem necessary, because otherwise I would not have won. Is the game user friendly to run. Can I run it against another friend hotseat mode. Is it turn based.

After that, my analysis is usually done. I don't get to far into the realm of technical details. That sort of stuff just doesn't excite me, I am happy to let another do that and report on their findings.

If someone says such and such a side is biased, then back up the comments for analysis. Present them for others of a similar sort (that likes to engage in detailed analysis), and then bring them to the communities attention.

If that person has a good track record for accuracy in these matters then I will accept their opinion.

Some don't like making decisions based on anothers opinion, me i am not one of those insistent skeptics though. I prefer to make choices based on the opinions of people I trust.

You Bill are a die hard A3R player, your opinion matterrs to me.

Originally posted by Comrade Trapp:

Moon

Comrade Trapp

Comrade, thanks and it's appreciated. Aside from being so positive, I think this is the only posting that really questioned whether the situation was for real. Thanks again for the support and the good word, the feeling is quite mutual. smile.gif

Hueristic

"Excellent Points, sure your Not Jersey in disguise? Lol JK"

And I also thank you as well my friend, and also for your ever present touch of humor.

Kuniworth -- That's Danish for Brutus , right? tongue.gif

[ January 08, 2003, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]