German Starting Atlantic Subs Strat?

Aztecace

Is there a strategy to keep the two german subs in the Atlantic alive? Or some other strat other than raiding and being destroyed on the second turn?

Thanks

[ May 06, 2004, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: Aztecace ]

Originally posted by Arngrim:

Actually I messed up in the unit dispositioning. I've straightened that one out now, but it could have delayed the French campaign several turns....

Is the next move coming soon?

I sent my turn a few hours back. I will resend it.

there is 2 hopes to keep subs. 1 is sneak past Scapa Flow. If the entire Royal Navy is occuppied in the wrong place, works like a Charm. a Conservative will catch this however and it will end with disaster.

Another is shoot due South, and pray the Ally isn't expecting this.. I've saved my Subs many times going South.

Most of the time it's all a waste best thing is to drag Allied fleet away from Supply and focus North and East to hit the Royal Navy cause the Frog Fleet could surrender ;)

I do one of two things with Allied navy normally.

Sell french boats turn one and start praying for a lame German offensive.

And send Royal Navy to trash UBoats ASAP.

Or I send French into Atlantic to trash UBoats ASAP, because I don't want to damage the Royal Navy because I want the money for something else.

But either way, with me, its turn one find em sink em. Because once they are gone, they are gone. Makes shipping a lot easier when you just don't have to care.

I've always just hid them up there outside canada, hoping they'll 'fly under the radar' (as it were), and once France falls, I pull them south to the coast.

My thoughts are, if they intercept trade, the Brits will hunt them down; if i keep them out of it all, then I can use them to build up my fleet of subs for SeaLion.

Jon