SC Forum-Best Community on the BFC Board

Jim Boggs

I am obviously prejudiced. ;)

But agree with Esquire. Seeing that SC-Dying Thread on the main Forum page is a real depressing thing.

I think this community has a lotta life left in it, as evidenced by the way the members have rallied to voice their opinions on the subject.

So feel free to continue any discussions from that Thread here.

As an added feature, I would be curious as to how each of you found out about SC. I found it while keeping up on the progress of Hearts of Iron. Somebody mentioned this SC game on a Thread there. It was a real bear to track down, but eventually I found the BFC site. I ordered SC and the CMBO/CMBB combo pack. Never had any regrets whatsoever. :D

The main reason that i came here was that i was looking for Combat Mission opponents and i was wondering what SC is and why there are so many opponent finder requests.

So i was lurking arround the SC forum found out where to download the demo and voila....now i´m atticted SC-Player :eek:

Hearts of Iron and many of the games mentioned by Les i played too...but this one is really the first one where MP doesn´t suck.

I was also keeping an eye on hearts of iron. I decided to see if there was another game like it that was out or coming out. So, I typed in something like "strategy WW2 commander PC game" at the yahoo search engine and one of the sites had something about SC on it. I came to the site, followed the development through beta testing, and bought it immediately.

Shortly after that, my job took me to Japan for an extended period so I was stuck playing only the AI while everybody perfected their moves against other people. So now I'm playing catch-up a little. :D

The thing I like about this forum the best, besides the other people here obviously, is that the developer drops by to comment on our concerns and puts together patches that reflect the forums input. The loop around South Africa is a perfect example as it's not on the early versions of the game.

[ October 03, 2003, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: Jordy ]

I was over at wargamer following the development of Russo-German War when I wandered over here. Downloaded the SC demo and got hooked. I began monitoring the board prior to the release of the cd and then when it finally went on sale snatched on up. I remember reports being posted as the cd was delivered around the globe. I seem to recall that for some reason there were delays in delivery to in Europe and Canada. Needless to say there were some angrey posts back then.

Good post Jim. I also think that the SC forum is doing ok, despite a few hiccoughs.

We can't expect things to always run smoothly, and there are still plenty of people here enjoying the game, with new ones joining all the time.

BTW I found SC looking at the Battlefront website, while looking up Combat Mission stuff.

Bill

I found out about it in a magazine review, PC World I believe, where the lack of a true submarine war was discussed in depth, but I still wanted to give it a try and have never regretted doing so.

This is a great site mainly because we've got Jim Boggs lifting our spirits whenever group depression sets in. smile.gif

[ October 03, 2003, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

I found out about SC thru a banner ad on StrategyPage. Read selected posts on the forum, downloaded the demo, got hooked, ordered the game, then lurked on the forum while reading everything that was archived.

Since then, I read this forum every day, though I don't post as heavy as I once used too (mainly because not much left to discuss).

Gaylord

Cuba has a lot of good things to offer and I think the asking price was extremely low. Also, it might not be the right market. Honduras, Guatamala -- ? and it's got to be a lot more than a box of cigars or a bunch or oranges or a sack of sugar.

If it gets me out of New Jersey and it can be brokered feel free to negotiate a deal with me going in his place.

Upon arrival to my new home I promise to eat them into a famine, be nonproductive and sleep most of the time without learning their language. Also I'll never stop reminding them that I'm an American and when they look at one another puzzled, thinking they're Americans themselves I vow to become condescending. Just what every downtrodden nation needs most, a useless Gringo!

But who knows, perhaps some crazy dictator is looking for someone fitting that job description.

[ October 03, 2003, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]