AI reinforcement vs. rotate out of line

Aloid

In defending France, I've been able to hold out for long periods of time, primarily because the AI has a habit of reinforcing units in the line of battle, instead of rotating in fresh units.

There is a log jam of Germans behind the lines that go to waste.

To be more effective, while in an offensive posture, I would suggest that the AI look at it's local situation, determine if it has a enough units to make rotation viable (without depleting it's forces). This should help the AI tremendously.

As it is, France might not fall for a long time.

Also, Hubert (and crew), I think a lot of us are having fun with the game. Don't let all these comments get you down! We're here to help make SC better! (even though it's fun now) smile.gif

Aloid

On the lowest setting (green?) I played as the Allies, and was able to hold the low countries. The AI never even got onto French soil. I ended up using all the Brit units to invade from the north, and disrupt his air power. The game ended just as USSR decides to invade, and he still hadn't even taken the low countries.

It was much tougher on the higher settings, and I've never held the low countries so long.