Note to all Americans!

Desert Dave

Personally I am VERY pleased with the results. At least for this election, I voted straight ticket Republican. (Domestically there is no way I'm accepting an income tax in my state of New Hampshire, and on the foreign I don't trust the Democrats)

So all you Democratic supporters can go hang your heads in shame now, because SOME of us are very happy right now. tongue.gif

Originally posted by I/O Error:

Personally I am VERY pleased with the results. At least for this election, I voted straight ticket Republican. (Domestically there is no way I'm accepting an income tax in my state of New Hampshire, and on the foreign I don't trust the Democrats)

So all you Democratic supporters can go hang your heads in shame now, because SOME of us are very happy right now. tongue.gif

What about the Republicans who aren't happy?

This one finds the idea of a Republican controlled House and Senate led around by the simpleton in the White House a bit scary.

Jeff

First of, who the hell are you to call him a 'simpleton'. But i wont go into that debate,

As I am not old enought to vote (yes, you all have a few more years of reprieve ;) ) I just looked at a list of all the conidates in Missouri, read about them. And it turns out (The ballot did not give party affiliation) i voted straight ticket republican. However, in one case, i was voting for teh 'lesser of 2 evils) i personally hate Jim Talent, he about as much a liberal as you can be without switching sides.

CvM

As a Canadian, I don't really have a direct interest in the outcome. My hope, however, is that a unified, right wing congress and white house will be good for the financial markets in the US (which will invariably have a positive effect here in Canadian markets), because my investments are in /dev/crapper at the moment. :)

Ray

Originally posted by Carl Von Mannerheim:

First of, who the hell are you to call him a 'simpleton'. CvM

A voter. He works for me, not the other way around. Who are you to say he isn't?

And I will concede that simpleton is too harsh, he likely isn't actually clinically retarded or anything, just of below average intelligence. I wonder if he was any smarter prior to all the coke? Hard to say. Nothing that Daddy's money couldn't handle though.

Jeff

Post Note,

From out in the American Desert...

... and when you have voted (... well,

if not this time -- then next!) please

remember the following:

it is the politician who is the steer,

reckless and callow and bawling, not you,

and also -- very important!

it is YOU who sits in the saddle,

(in the desert wind

gritted and howling) and... it is YOU,

the round-em-up Citizen,

who holds... the Rodeo rope. ;)

degaulle.JPG

Currently there is no voting going on in France. Thanks to you know who!!!! What is it with Hitler anyway?.....You just can't get rid of this guy. Well I've got news for you buddy....I've got a couple of my boys looking for you....And they are going to bust your knee caps.

Originally posted by SeaMonkey:

Yep! At least this "Simpleton" has simply more moral fiber than the last guy in that position, something this whole country/world could use a dose of.

Good point. Clearly all of America's problem are directly related to Presidential fellatio.

Enron, Worldcomm, declining stock markets, terrorists, protectionism, intolerance, hatred, widening gap between the rich and the poor, declining educational standards, all of it because of the "lack of moral fiber".

Yeah, the reformed alcoholic, draft-dodging, daddys boy is the poster child for "moral fiber". Uh-huh.

"He's stupid, but in a very *moral* way..." smile.gif

Jeff