Naval warfare

Tony_S

If you're talking about the Mediterranean, you need to support your ships with air power, both for spotting and the knock-out punch that your planes will give. Spotting is very important, as it keeps you from having to waste a ship by being on the wrong side of a surprise encounter.

If you're talking about the Mediterranean, you need to support your ships with air power, both for spotting and the knock-out punch that your planes will give. Spotting is very important, as it keeps you from having to waste a ship by being on the wrong side of a surprise encounter.

Problem is withe the RN, their superiority in the Atlantic is overwhelming, funds cant be allocatd to this battle as I am usually 110% commited to spanking mother Russia, perhaps the answer lies in tech advance?

Problem is withe the RN, their superiority in the Atlantic is overwhelming, funds cant be allocatd to this battle as I am usually 110% commited to spanking mother Russia, perhaps the answer lies in tech advance?

Never attack the UK naval control over the Atlantic.

let him attack you(against a human player).

After he has lost a good ammount of ships against your luftwaffe in the Baltic, a good technique is to launch an attack from the Baltic sea at the same moment you're disrupting the convoy's in the atlantic.

But you're right even with this, the battle of the atlantic is a bit of a laugh and I hope this will be set straight in SC2.

Never attack the UK naval control over the Atlantic.

let him attack you(against a human player).

After he has lost a good ammount of ships against your luftwaffe in the Baltic, a good technique is to launch an attack from the Baltic sea at the same moment you're disrupting the convoy's in the atlantic.

But you're right even with this, the battle of the atlantic is a bit of a laugh and I hope this will be set straight in SC2.

By the time I have dealt with the RN in the Med the italian fleet needs majour repair, this is something that cannot be afforded as by then all axis are commited to the Russian cause.

I am getting good advice on this forum however, I dont know if it is me but it seems like a headache just thinking of trying to take on the RN.

My reason for trying to get good advice is that Sombra gave me a damn good hiding during a TCP game! Shelling me constantly when my Luftwaffe was engaged in the battle for France. Git!!

By the time I have dealt with the RN in the Med the italian fleet needs majour repair, this is something that cannot be afforded as by then all axis are commited to the Russian cause.

I am getting good advice on this forum however, I dont know if it is me but it seems like a headache just thinking of trying to take on the RN.

My reason for trying to get good advice is that Sombra gave me a damn good hiding during a TCP game! Shelling me constantly when my Luftwaffe was engaged in the battle for France. Git!!

naah!

Let the RN own the Atlantic.

Just keep your units away from the coast and concentrate on pounding Russia till she caves in. If any troops dare land on your western front shift your veteran SS armored divisions back and throw them into the sea. If any naval ships dare come near your coast strafe them with your ME109s. Europe belongs to you my friend!

Once Russia falls it will be your turn to own the waves!

naah!

Let the RN own the Atlantic.

Just keep your units away from the coast and concentrate on pounding Russia till she caves in. If any troops dare land on your western front shift your veteran SS armored divisions back and throw them into the sea. If any naval ships dare come near your coast strafe them with your ME109s. Europe belongs to you my friend!

Once Russia falls it will be your turn to own the waves!

I think the Axis navy is critical to the USA phase of the war. I invest early in Gun Laying Radar for Italy, and grab experience if the Allies leave a corps in Malta. Operate some German air and an HQ to Southern Italy for spotting and supplimental attacks, then move them to Africa (if Med fleet doesn't attack when Italy enters) for a decisive Med naval battle near Alexandria. The Allies often cannot risk a Sea Lion, and won't send a large portion of the Royal Navy to the Med.

Buy corps for Italy, and keep some transports at sea as scouts on both ends of the Med. Losing 137 (125+12) for a corps is nothing compared to being blind near Gibralter, or having the Italian fleet ambushed.

Breakout into the Atlantic with the Italian Fleet before the USA reaches 90 % readiness, and add a German sub or two, and some transports to add a perimeter warning system to your Italian fleet. Don't get within air attack range of the UK if they own the airspace, but instead ambush USA attempts to bring reinforcements across the Atlantic to the UK or for DDay, Spain/Portugal protection.

I believe the Italian navy is their main contribution, and it can save you a lot of firepower by allowing Germany to keep more air and ground units including HQ's on the critcial Eastern Front.

I feel lots of games are determined by the strength of the Axis navy from 1943 on in the Central Atlantic, and the ease or difficulty of the USA crossing the Atlantic to join the battle.

I think the Axis navy is critical to the USA phase of the war. I invest early in Gun Laying Radar for Italy, and grab experience if the Allies leave a corps in Malta. Operate some German air and an HQ to Southern Italy for spotting and supplimental attacks, then move them to Africa (if Med fleet doesn't attack when Italy enters) for a decisive Med naval battle near Alexandria. The Allies often cannot risk a Sea Lion, and won't send a large portion of the Royal Navy to the Med.

Buy corps for Italy, and keep some transports at sea as scouts on both ends of the Med. Losing 137 (125+12) for a corps is nothing compared to being blind near Gibralter, or having the Italian fleet ambushed.

Breakout into the Atlantic with the Italian Fleet before the USA reaches 90 % readiness, and add a German sub or two, and some transports to add a perimeter warning system to your Italian fleet. Don't get within air attack range of the UK if they own the airspace, but instead ambush USA attempts to bring reinforcements across the Atlantic to the UK or for DDay, Spain/Portugal protection.

I believe the Italian navy is their main contribution, and it can save you a lot of firepower by allowing Germany to keep more air and ground units including HQ's on the critcial Eastern Front.

I feel lots of games are determined by the strength of the Axis navy from 1943 on in the Central Atlantic, and the ease or difficulty of the USA crossing the Atlantic to join the battle.

If royal navy stays in the Med that means the brits will most likely have done a big mistake. They can surprise you if you go for Vichy France but else you will have no trouble if you support with air.

Just break out of the atlantic, mass italian fleet with some italian and german subs outside bordeaux and wait for d-day. When d-day come strike hard(remember your subs can dive so any allied counterattack will risk beeing countered by your diving subs) and in the same turn shift all your air west.

If royal navy stays in the Med that means the brits will most likely have done a big mistake. They can surprise you if you go for Vichy France but else you will have no trouble if you support with air.

Just break out of the atlantic, mass italian fleet with some italian and german subs outside bordeaux and wait for d-day. When d-day come strike hard(remember your subs can dive so any allied counterattack will risk beeing countered by your diving subs) and in the same turn shift all your air west.

I agree breaking the Italian fleet out into the Atlantic is a great tactic, all you have to do is bombard the port at Gibraltar to zero, so you ships can sail past the Garrison on the rock.

Of course, its success depends on how many ships the Brits have lost in supporting their defense of France.

I agree breaking the Italian fleet out into the Atlantic is a great tactic, all you have to do is bombard the port at Gibraltar to zero, so you ships can sail past the Garrison on the rock.

Of course, its success depends on how many ships the Brits have lost in supporting their defense of France.

Hide the Italian navy until France is knocked out of the war. Don't engage French ships that are not going the around long. Try to do as much damage as you can with the German subs in the Atlantic. You are not going to do tons of damage but I have gotten lucky and took down a BB. Not much can be done with the Baltic fleet. Just try to be opportunistic and pick your fights.