Maybe a stupid question, but....(intro, music ...)

[Wiking]

Just wondering if this game will have an intro of sorts, like in Steel Panthers? I'm talking mainly about some nice old black and white films from WWII perhaps with some nice music in the backround, etc. I also recommend a few b/w photos when you for example capture a city. I know a few older games had this sort of eye candy and it really made a huge impact and darkened the mood in the game a bit, but made it even better.

The second thing is music; will there be any in the background while playing? Maybe a little dark orchestral theme?

This is of course only my suggestion, what I like and in no way am I screaming for it. It would be cool tho'.

Cheers!

Music, graphics and other chrome are part of what makes a game fun. However, music should always have a toggle switch, so it doesn't become grating. Intro movies should have a toggle or a way to bypass them.

There are good games without multimedia goodies, and horrible games that have lots of really good music and cutscenes. To my tastes, at least, the SC maps that have been posted so far are very attractive. Making the graphics and sounds open to mods will keep them fresh, and allow individuals to find or make something that they like.

I really liked the movie clips in the first couple of Close Combat games. Also, the fact that units would get medals based on performance was completely silly, but fun. CC retired to my shelf when CMBO came out, and I think I watched the CM intro movie once. So it really isn't a factor in what games I play at all, but I do get a kick out of the extras.