AAR Liam (Axis) vs Zapp (Allies)

zappsweden

May 1941:

Axis has not DOW'ed any country after Paris. Yugo couped.

Malta is Axis. Allies hold Brest, Bordeux was evactuated shortly after fall of Paris.

Axis sub sunk in the Baltic.

[ May 30, 2005, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

we underestimated the last strike.. I think Axis may have had this situation with some more aggression to the South and less to the North... very good game. Egypt did fall and that would've been a major plus due to overextended Allied resources in France

it is kind of hard to bounce back after losing 3 strong units, and pushing Feb France fall and USSR spike

altogether some major errors by my part.. or possibly a tougher match

Engage more boldly the RAF and do not let them build xp, RAF can easily get 1-2 xp stars which will diminish their losses and allow it to hit your units directly. Monty will get xp fast as well. Do not fear to fight RAF. UK has only 135 or so MPPs and they have to keep RAF alive and buy some corps.

OTOH a very big mistake is not dowing denmark. Zapp and I tested this ideea and it proves to be very bad for axis. Against an early UK air strategy (RAI revolves around this strategy - it is just an improved version), axis need ASAP 5 fighters - they have enough cash to fight with 3 and refit 2 every turn.

Axis must dow denmark turn 1 - better take Denmark lately and get the plunder than never. That danish corps is of no use against UK air smile.gif

I did not see much of RAI so far but IMO RAI in any kind ..if light or full.. will lead unevitable to Sealion ...not the early one but the late one.

Axis should be still on track if Paris is taken within 1940....there is alot of time to recover its early losses.

@Zapp

In ICQ, when my name is red this means that i m not online, i have no ICQ in my office nor i have SC in the office and the time to play from there.

I´m never in invisible mode so you can catch me everytime when i m online --->this is blue smile.gif when I dont wanna be disturbed i m in N/A mode.

Just to let you know. ;)

@Dragonheart : excuse me? :D

RAI was used by allies during the early stages of our ongoing game smile.gif

Well not the 'Reckless All In' but a Zappsified version of RAI which involves also the sub hunt part (wait till the subs go out of supply and force surprise hits with Gib BB and 2 Fr cruisers - very good addition IMO because the lousy subs are such a drain for UK early air strategy).

And, yes, you're right, Sealion is indeed an option for axis when allies use this type of defence.

Nevertheless your mid game was truly amazing and the Barbarossa really kicked ass. You had 2 levels of jet advantage for 2 years over the west :( -> i dunno what's happening with my techs, really; UK 5 chits for 2 years and USA with 4 for 1 1/2 years produced zero results??? Come on ...

You had quite early RO/HU joining and excellent minor collecting timing.

I must admit your gameplay was superb with a single major flaw -> splitting the air ;)

We will fight the last battle on Friday (I hope I can be on line on Friday)

Can you believe this - Russians defending UK with tanks and air hihihi

One of the most interesting games I have played lately, indeed.