PBEM problems

Willard

No luck...something is the matter with the game.

I uninstalled everything and tried again with no success.

Sort of DOS screen pops up (quick black window with text I cant see cause its up too quickly and I cant stop it).

;laksdjf;lsdkjf;asldkjf;asl

I want to SCREAM!!!!

There's been a lot of problems with certain ISPs. Yahoo mail doesn't work, and I just had the same problem with an opponent turn sent by Hotmail. Yahoo delivers "0" files, and Hotmail delivered 60k and 200k and files (should be in the 400s). Seems some ISPs either can't handle the big files, or chop them up.

I've gotten in the habit of glancing at the file size. If small, I don't download. Also, you need to go into Window's Explorer, and delete the offending file(s). Until the bad ones are gone, you'll keep crashing.

Actually, now that I think of it, these PBEM files should really be compressed and decompressed on the fly by the SC engine.

~5:1 compression would make it a lot easier for ppl like myself with lower-grade email access.

There are plenty of free libraries for the developer to choose from, I think it's worth looking into ... after TCPIP is implemented!

Are you saving into the PBEM folder? When I saved my first PBEM game I put it in the "save" game folder, or something like that, sounded logical. I was perplexed there was nothing there when I went to retrieve the PBEM game. But the save folder is for human vs AI games.

Also, there is a demo attached to the game. I believe others on the board said they deleted it as potentially confusing. I did also. It may be possible your saving into that?

Good Luck