Suggestions from the forum

Straha

Hubert, have suggestions made on the forum any chance at being implemented in the final product by now?

I think there are some things (paratroopers, 4 player Pbem games, AI controlls part of ones alliance etc.) which seem doable well within your projected time frame without too much fiddling with the code. These things would contribute to the enjoyment quite tremendously, on the other hand.

Anyway, if push comes to shove, I'd even rather wait until autumn, and have these features "in" than having the game earlier, but without them. smile.gif

Straha

Hi Straha,

The best and honest answer I can give to this is that even though sometimes small changes like this may seem insignificant in terms of code change, you would be surprised. :(

Sometimes the code changes are not as easy as initially thought, and often these types of changes may throw off the balance (even with only the addition of 1 new unit type) for all campaigns and all modes of play, whereby each situation would have to be extensively retested to make sure things will work out as planned. What I can definitly say is this, the game as is has been thoroughly tested for a LONG time now and everything seems to be in order to ensure maximum enjoyment for game play. I will seriously take a look at these suggestions and see what I can do, but I unfortunatly can't promise anything ;)

But this also not to say that they will be discounted for any future versions :D

Hubert

Thanks Hubert. Whereas I could more than understand that - after having spent years on one project - one would rather try something else next, I really hope you are considering a "Strategic Command II", too. smile.gif

Straha

Waaahhhh!!! I want my Paratroops!

Oooops, sorry for crying like a baby...

I'll still buy your fantastic game, with or without airborne, but it would sure be nice to see 'em.

I can't wait for the demo!!!

[ April 23, 2002, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: Mr. Clark ]