I vote no against Zapps rule change and WITHDRAW from ZAPP-LEAGUE

Terif

Posted by Kuniworth: So drop this pease of crap-talk and get a grip. Maybe Comrade Trapp called you an arsehole sometime but dont insinuate I had something to do with this. I have put awful lot of time into SC legendary quotes list, ryder cup etc to keep up interest here and now you call me an asshole???
For the record, I have never called Zapp an asshole. The only people I have ever called assholes were:

Maximillion, because he was a little snotnosed bastard that deserves nothing better than to burn in hell for all eternity.

and....

Rambo, way back in the day, which a lot of the veterans here remember well, Christmas Season from hell. (Newer guys, don't ask). I don't think this one counts because everyone has called Rambo an asshole at one point or another.

Just setting the record straight......

Comrade Trapp

[ September 25, 2003, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Comrade Trapp ]

Originally posted by Terif:

But I cant see that I want to play ever again against Zapp after his behaviour. If this would happen vs any other player it would be no problem: I could simply ignore him. But he makes the rules and changed the rules, so if I would stay he could force me to play him...

So, if I was ranked no.10 and some other dude (with no administrator priviliges) was up there (hihg-ranked) that you did not wanna play you would ignore him?

In fact, you just said so.

Ok, that is surely sportsmanship, yeah right. In any other sport you do not have to like your opponents but you DO have to face them.

[ September 25, 2003, 03:02 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

This reminds me of one of my favorite quotes:

"Two men enter, one man leaves"

From Mad Max beyond Thunderdome.

I wish I had game, as well as the time, to have this mean anything to me. Oh well.

By the way, 24 days seems to be a fair amount of time for challenges, but nothing less.

[ September 25, 2003, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: KDG ]

[Copy from my reply in Rambos thread]

I started playing SC because it was a lot of fun and exactly the kind of game I liked.

Like everyone else I use my spare time for this hobby.

I have played now 302 TCP games during the last 10 months. Only 4 of them were lost:

- 2 because I used the Spain gambit (Condor, Rambo)

- 1 after the first rule change (no Italian gambit), where I tried if an allied Med strategy is possible despite the new rules - it is not. (Zapp)

- 1 game when Rambo first used his carrier strategy - this strategy worked only once and never again ;) , but still I congratulate Rambo for this very innovative and surprising approach (Rambo)

I have beaten Zapp in 49 games and when we played the standard game it was not even close to a victory for him. I dont think that he has improved so much in the last few days that he could beat me, so there is no point in starting another game...

Playing with him would be only boring and a waste of time for me. I dont think he would give up this last game so early like usual, so I would have to spend probably 10-30 hours playtime (=lifetime)...

And for what ?

Zapps last posts and my discussion with him via ICQ made me clear that he is not willing to go back a single step. In contrary he is just rampaging in the forum...

When I said I would withdraw from the Z-League it was clear for me that there would be no way back. Therefore I needed some time to think about it before I made this decission. And I thought about it very carefully.

I stay to my word and my decission. I will not play again against Zapp or play a Z-League game. Its time for me to move on.

I am just testing another game than Strategic Command and I prefer to use my time for this and other new things now (+ real life and girlfriend..).

Time for me to move on and look for the future.

I have to say: Its much better now when I have time for other things. I feel much better after I left this discussion behind me. Even if it would be possible, I wouldnt go back to the old days of 2 hours sleep per day to play SC :D

For all other SC players I wish a lot of fun with SC. SC looks simple, but if you have a closer look, it is very complex and allows nearly endless different strategies depending on what your opponent does. Even after 10 month playing and around 300 games, it was still possible to develope new strategies. Strategic Command was really worth the buy ! smile.gif

Perhaps I will have a look in the forum again in some weeks or months and play a fun game or two, until then

Have a good time

Terif

[ September 25, 2003, 06:51 PM: Message edited by: Terif ]

Terif

You're a great Champ with a record that will undoubetly never be broken, both in total and in your seemingly endless winning streak.

Hopefully you'll continue to do things like adjudicate games in the PBEM Tournament as well as posting your views, which I've always found excellent and interesting not only on topics having to do with the game, but with also with non-game issues.

Please don't stray too far from the scene. You played too many games, that's all. Anyone who plays 300 long games of anything within a year has to become tired of it. Aside from which, as you said, no one could possibly have enough free time to keep even half that pace going for very long.

But hopefully you aren't also tired of the Forum.

[ September 25, 2003, 07:42 PM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Terif --- It's sounds like you have burnout, & the Zappsweden thing is just the motivation to leave (for now?). We have all gotten burnout. I brought "Rambo 2" back after my burnout.

If I would have taken the game more religiously, that is, practice the Rambo Rome Invasion before the banishment of that gambit, I would have beaten you again. That was my fault.

Here's a interesting thought...the games I beat you, I was on vacation smile.gif

We also have a game going on now, I guess that won't be finished. I understand, you have higher priorities, the Girlfriend Terif & Life. If you find a new game that's cool, want to comeback, play for fun, or whatever...see you on ICQ.

Rambo

Okay,

I have no interest in the z-league, or the standings... I'm far too much of a recreational player. Hell, I've never played a tcp game at all.

But, Terif, I have to admit one *burning* curiousity. You mentioned you were testing a *new* game

Care to share which one it is? smile.gif Obviously, you share an interest in games with the rest on the forum.. let us know what has _your_ interest now.

Jon

One last thing:

Jersey John:

I am still ready to adjudicate in the PBEM Tournament, just send me an e-mail when a game needs an adjudication or if you need me for another occasion.

If any player wants me to adjudicate a game, has a question or problem concerning SC, I am quite willing to help. My e-mail address is in the profile. I also will continue to support the forum and to answer questions, but not so frequently any more like up to now ;)

Terif, 300 wins, big deal. I'm sitting on 200+ myself. Most chumps didn't make it out of France. It takes 2-hours, tops to beat rookies & newbies....as the Allies I stomp them in France, if they can even cross the Rhine...as the Axis, it's SeaLion time. Beating the weak means nothing, actually, it hurts my skill set.

Play Rambo during Boise Primetime & you'll get a headcracking.