editor

dasreich

This may have already been asked, but in the editor, can i change the sides of the major players? For example, can Russia be Allied with Germany while Italy goes allied? Also, would there be any way whatsoever to extend gameplay beyond 1946?

Mr. Reich,

Originally posted by dasreich:

This may have already been asked, but in the editor, can i change the sides of the major players? For example, can Russia be Allied with Germany while Italy goes allied?

The majors must stick with their historically-accurate side. The minors, however, can be attached to either side.

Also, would there be any way whatsoever to extend gameplay beyond 1946?

Nope.

With all this time on our hands waiting for the game release, could we get some more information about what the editor does offer us? Starting from scratch, I assume we can define research levels, starting MPPs, types and locations of units, etc. How about neutral countries and axis minors? How about neutral Italy and Russia?

The map and resources are fixed, but are the resource values defined somewhere that we could edit them? How about plunder values? Anything to do with partisans?

The game specs don't provide much information about everything in the editor or how it works, so just looking for what its capabilities and limitations actually are. Perhaps a quickie tutorial?

Quick Basics on the Campaign Editor:

- Set up countries as either, joined a side, surrendered to a side, neutral etc

- Set up initial MPP's for any of the majors

- Set up current join percentages for Italy, Russia, USA

- Place/Add/Delete/Move units on the map

- Edit hex control

- Edit research levels for all majors

- Edit unit entrenchment, experience, strength, name

- Edit which side starts

- Edit campaign description

Originally posted by Hubert Cater:

Quick Basics on the Campaign Editor:

- Set up countries as either, joined a side, surrendered to a side, neutral etc

- Set up initial MPP's for any of the majors

- Set up current join percentages for Italy, Russia, USA

- Place/Add/Delete/Move units on the map

- Edit hex control

- Edit research levels for all majors

- Edit unit entrenchment, experience, strength, name

- Edit which side starts

- Edit campaign description

Kewl! It looks like there is plenty of room for

variants there, such as some old 3rd Reich standbys (not edited for balance BTW):

1. No Pearl Harbor: US readiness starts 20%

lower than default (players of course won't know

this at first until the US wanders into the game

sometime in late '42...).

2. Tech advances, such as:

Raader doesn't squelch research on advanced subs. Type XXI quite possible by 1943...

3. No Purge. Russian leader pool is significant-

ly better, but Russian lose two corps at start.

There's many more which we can (apparently) now

implement. Someone I am sure will start a website

chock full of them. :D

John DiFool

Thank you Hubert. There's certainly a lot of room for customizing, so we won't be bored with the initial version of SC.

The only problem with variants is that you have to hardwire them into each scenario, so you won't exactly be surprised. Some way of introducing randomness would be needed eventually, but having flexibility with at-start MPPs will have to do for now.

If we could prioritize a want-list for future enhancements, I'd say work first on making Italy and Russia active neutrals and adding the minor neutrals to the scenario editor somehow. It doesn't look like we can tweak these at all right now. After that, a full-function game editor would be great.