TCP/IP Games

Tony_S

I regard myself as an experienced SC player, however I have only played the AI which is becoming a bit laborious. I would like to play someone via TCP/IP (as it sounds like it is quicker than PBEM, may be wrong), I have no knolwldge of this as I havent done this before. If anyone fancies a game (and expain how to start it off) then drop me a line at t.salmonte@ntlworld.com :eek:

Just to warn you, you may be an experienced player against the AI. But against a human opponent, your a newbie (not meant as an insult).

Your first few games against a average opponent will end in quick defeats for you as you experience moves the AI never does, not to worry though, its all part of the learning process.

ICQ instant messenger is the best way to find SC opponents for TCP/IP games these days. Check out the ICQ Numbers Thread to get everyone's ICQ number and e-mail address.

I guess you could also try Battlefront's Opponent Finder Forum: English Speaking Players. Up until about a year ago, that was the primary way of getting a game of SC. But most of us have moved to ICQ since then.

For PBEM games, check out Curry's SC PBEM League.

Hope this helps.

Comrade Trapp

[ July 16, 2004, 02:18 PM: Message edited by: Comrade Trapp ]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...