Thanks for the new navy Hubert

Canuck_para

I was a little surprised myself. You could not believe the shock when I witnessed my poor little Rom. Buddies get blastde by the Soviet Navy. As I was in no position to expand the war into Turkey, I just had to sit there and take it. I think in some edition down the road the player should be able to use their foreign policy ie. money, to influence other countries in order to get them to join in the war.

Originally posted by Esquire:

I was a little surprised myself. You could not believe the shock when I witnessed my poor little Rom. Buddies get blastde by the Soviet Navy. As I was in no position to expand the war into Turkey, I just had to sit there and take it. I think in some edition down the road the player should be able to use their foreign policy ie. money, to influence other countries in order to get them to join in the war.

I found a couple of airforces in Romania can keep the ship at bay, but he did just keep rebuilding it and I was losing badly needed air support trying to kill the fleet.

As originally posted by Canuck_para:

I found a couple of airforces in Romania can keep the ship at bay, but he did just keep rebuilding it and I was losing badly needed air support trying to kill the fleet.

For the longest time I have been one of those who denigrated the Strategic Bomber (... in its early incarnation, anyway), but now with some experimentation, I can tell you this:

1) They are devastating! to naval vessels, and I always keep one handy for this purpose, as well as --

2) Reducing entrenchment by 2 before the ground assault, often at no cost, other than gaining more experience for the Bomber, which in turn makes it even more potent. :cool:

If you can develop level 12 or 13, this will surely keep those intrusive foreign ships away from your vulnerable shore-based armies. Level 14 or 15, with experience, now that is one lethal weapon. ;)