Rambo "The Incredibles" DEFEATS AirZapp (Legend wins 4-2, clinches spot in history)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Early stages ---

- LC on #2

- Denmark on #3

- Poland on #4, went slower than desired.

- Zapp is using ZAS, have lost 1-Army

- RAF (2-units) plus 2-carriers working around London, many intercepts.

- Fritz owns FBH, Western Ardennes, 1-Hex SW of Brussells.

June 1940:

Axis have only taken 2 hexes in France. Luftwaffe totals 3 air, same as UK.

Allies have sold of most of their navy to be able to finance the air wars. UK have only bought one single corps this game and spent rest on air.

France have been buying corps all since turn one.

December 1939 ---

- Back to Rambo basics, all out attack with everything. Ships, ground, air.

- All MMPs put into air against ZappSweden.

- RAF is attack near London. Just missed killing RAF with German Naval Bombardment, he got lucky that plane survived...strength-1.

- LF has 6-units.

Hellraiser & Liam play x3 faster than ZappSlow. Terif plays fast too, because he knows the combat charts in his sleep & doesn't need to check every possiblity. ZappSlow is checking every odds, reports every turn, checking all possibilities.....not with me.

Repeat, if you play slow, checking everything, don't play the Legend. In America, we play fast.

Game was pretty even when Rambo quit. I had amazingly managed to stall him pretty good despite his early success. I had sunk 2 German naval units also.

Axis had 6 luftwaffe but lacked good HQ's (no Manstein) so I could get some good air battle results.

Yeah, the game was even.

I had the advantage early. It's not about winning or losing, it's about waiting forever. I lose, it happens, (see games against Terif, HR, and Liam this week). My record shows I'm beatable by Top 5 players. My record also shows I can't stand to wait & I won't wait. I can sense when somebody is just clicking around check every combination of odds. I get enough brain drain at work, so I'm not going to wait in a game. At the pace Zapp was playing, this game would take 20-hours.

ZappSweden is now the slowest player on the planet.

[ May 15, 2005, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Hmm, this is bull**** Rambo.

Game #1 took 1 hour and 40 minutes from start -> June 1940

Game #2 took like 1 hour from start to May 1940, so the second game would have been faster.

What is slow???

This is not the first time that u have quit before fall of France. I have said it many times, I spend some extra time until fall of Paris since that is 60% of the importance of the game and it sets the shape of the game. After the fall of Paris and when in Barbarossa, what difference did it make that I used some 15-20 minutes extra early on?

What further indicates that this is wicked is that u bitched about that u made a mistake with your cruisers and used that as an example for that I played too slow by not making such mistakes.

You also bitched about that I once had 170 MPP with France and wondered where my MPP's came from (I sold half the UK navy, all french navy).

So, I more believe u were just being a sore loser BIOTCH than being bored of slow play, but slow play is what you will blame ofcourse :D

How come u only quit when game is not going your way? I don't see you quitting the games where u steamroll France.

[ May 16, 2005, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

What happened to the "Zapp, Create a 1 vs 1 league and I will own you" or the "I beat Zapp in the power rankings"? Everytime you claim that you beat me, it ends this way. YOU CAN'T BEAT ME DUDE!

Match cancelled after me leading 1-0, don't think so...

Cancelled is not the word.

YOU LOST, PUNK! - House (1986) the Movie

:D

[ May 17, 2005, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

@ZappSlow --- Repeat. I don't have a problem if I lose, the problem is waiting. You are slower the slowest player, it's no fun. Hellraiser leads in my private match with him, that doesn't bother me, he plays fast.

Far as analyzing the forum time for our games, you are using 75% of the time! How many times did I warn you? I kept messaging "Lets Go!" You are a repeat offender. I warned you,"Lets Go!". I had to do the same thing with DragonSlow, he hurried, you won't!

The last game before this match, you played at a normal speed. Once we make it a tournament, you stall. Clean up your act.