American Champion of SC

Liam

Game #2 summary ---

Liam once again wanted Axis, he went 265 (1:5:30 system). We both slow played France. The Fritz went conservative, hacked away with the LF. RAF stayed out of France, UK sent maybe 6 ground units (including Canadians) & half of them escaped. French were able to save an HQ & 1-Army which was used later. Bottom line, Germans probably had a slight edge with the June 1940 capture of Paris & no casualites.

Mid-game, Liam's downfall. He DOW'ed on Spain before the axis minors joined. Beside that, the quiet period was that, quiet.

When Barbarossa kicked off, Liam had to waste time & resources taking axis minors. The Russians went crazy on the ground, held their ground, killed a few strong Nazi ground units. The Reds did take HUGE losses, but it was worth forcing the action, it tied up the LF, Liam was forced to keep the LF on the Eastern Front. Meanwhile, the very rested & large RAF (5-units), were joined by 2-USAF pieces. 7 Air, 3 Carriers were able to Waltz thru France very quickly! Liam didn't get the axis minor MMPs during the quiet period, he was light on ground units. The Italian Navy came to Brest & dished out some damage, it was pretty much a 1-1 exchange of ships, my air cover was deadly after his surprise attack.

Rambo leads 2-0

we're up to this game folks, bid 270 Liam is Axis once more

this is going to be hell, game 3 doesn't leave me much room now for error as I was sorta off my A game the other night invading Spain before Hungary joined up

Well, we do play some of the best Marathons I've ever seen.

Rambo tightens up and plays conservatively in this match. I took Paris early enough, Sept I believe. Then from there I took the Minors and had plenty of time to throw in a Monster attack on USSR. Killing all but 1 army and their 3 fighters in the frontline first onslaught. I never lost a Germany Army the entire Barbarossa, I transfered over after taking the first 4 frontline cities, 3 mines, and holding Finland and killing off over a dozen Armies... and tons of corps... Reds were derailed due to a very fine Western Defense, no offensive possibilities

Meanwhile Spain and France were both firmly in Allied hands but Vichy wasn't, so I used it as a base to launch a massive attack, cut the two forces in half near bordeoux and forced the Allies to retreat from France altogether... Since I got France to surrender I could garrison Brest and there was only 1 out for the Allied Invaders.. It was a slow retreat for Rambo and he did well in not losing more than he did.. I believe in the exchange at the worst we both lost 1 fighter..

Tech was as such, Brits Level 3 Jets, USAF level 2...<likely level 2 LR or 3 AT 2 for both> Gun Radar was Level 3 for UK

Reds, Jets 4, AT 3

Germans, Jets 3, Level 2 LR, level 3 AT, 2 Heavy Tank

Italy never got AT, but 2 Gun Radar

Those heavy tanks were a definite plus when I transfered back to take out the Red Airforce they aided well with their strong defense near Leningrad and I wiped out the Red Airforce...

Ultimately we could've just had a bloodbath going on for 'years and years' but Rambo surrendered. I think out of boredom. I do believe I had an edge, my Armies at strength 13 many were at 4 bars of experience and my HQs were close to it as well. Good possability at me capturing Moscow and holding Paris too.. German units were taking minimal losses in the West and virtually none in the East

fun but at some point would be nice to see a different set possibilities

Liam Wins game #3 luckily, I'm starting to lose confidence in myself

[ May 16, 2005, 02:35 AM: Message edited by: Liam ]

Last game was a Rambo Gamble

He took out 2 or 3 Luftflottes with a wild UK defense and almost lost some Carriers was fun I have to admit after the 8-12 hour Marathons we've been having before. I played foolishly. I could've taken this game easily

Rambo takes Game #4... 3 to 1

Not looking good for me, I have to win every other game now or I lose the competition

P.S. Skill is nolonger a factor in these games, patience is and attention to detail

[ May 16, 2005, 02:35 AM: Message edited by: Liam ]

Last Night final Series in the Rambo and Liam showdown was to Rambo. Liam Resigns the series at 4 to 1! :(

In one game I missed a decent opportunity to strike Rambo's Flank I played too tentative. I could've maybe taken UK or struck at Undefended Allied resources. He took out Scando and took out German superior MPPS...

In another, I threw away a few German Fighters, and a Blow-Out of impatience... All I had to do was hold the line and wait patiently for my MPPs to raise up a notch.

In the final double barrel blow from Rambo, this new strategy proved to be far too effective for my obsolete counters. One time I definitely had a Foothold on France and gave it up by being overly ambitious.

The second in the series of the same "All-In" strategy I was just way too slow and by the time I got to France he was bristling with 3 UK Fighters that seemed re-uped every time I went to attack..<No Polish breakthrough and wise Danish defense by Rambo>

I'll give some advice to new kiddies on breaking this all in strategy, Denmark-Poland-LC..... That's it friends, those nations must be cut quick and easy... No messin' around, you've gotta sacrifice German resources if neccessary in order to get France<and not play cautiously as you might normally>

Though this throws me off, I will adapt and win from now on ;) Just as I began to show Rambo the Spain strategy was obsolete I wills how him the same with this, before he knows it