SC feels unimportant this day

Kuniworth

The swedish foreign minister was stabbed to death yesterday in a shopping mall in Stockholm yesterday.

It´s unbeliveable, I'm in chock here in Sweden. She was partymember in the socialdemocratic party as well as myself, and I met her only last week.

What is the world coming too? I cant even express how I feel about this.

To relate this too SC, today the game feel unimportant. All the ryder cup and all z-league matches like felt like the world when you lose or win.

Sweden can never more have politicians be able to walk the streets without protection. After the murder of Olof Palme we thought that this was a one-time incident. Obviously not, the free and open swedish society has been thrown into the ground and destroyed.

It´s a sad day my friends.

Kuni

Sorry about the lady who was slain. On occasions such as that nothing seems very important, least of all games or recreation.

Exactly two years ago today I stopped watching the World Trade Towers coverage on TV and went to the window to see the sky filled with smoke to the north. A short walk brought me to a beach and watching it from that vantage point I had a great view of a terrible tragedy that I had no desire to see at all. The more so because I'd been in both towers many times, including when they were only huge frames (I worked for a Brooklyn Iron Works company at the time and sometime brought spare parts and specs to the construction site). That day I didn't realize 3,000 people were dying there, I thought it was more like 60,000, and so did a lot of other people.

What I'm trying to say is these people -- not only the bunch who hit the Towers, but the whole lunatic fringe -- are attempting to prove something, that nobody anywhere is ever safe.

Again, my sympathy, but the day is barely starting over here, it's only 6:30 in the morning, and horrible as that slaying is -- they're all horrible, even a back alley murder that nobody ever hears about -- I hope it turns out to be an isolated event. For two years now I've been expecting something horrific to happen across the harbor. I'm afraid not to expect it because two years ago that double attack was literally the last thing I would have anticipated.

Kuniworth,

My condolences on the death of your foreign minister. I thought about you when I read about the stabbing, as I remembered our in-game conversation about Social democrats and the low crime rates in Sweeden. I was saddened to see she passed away today.

I hope this will remain an isolated incident in Sweeden, and that violence remains rare in your country.

Leopard

Today, my heart to is heavy with sympathy for our fellow humans who have perished at the hands of Evil. Let us not forget that the underlying context of this game we play is in reality the ever present struggle of good against evil. Now one of our members, Comrade Trapp, goes to the point of that struggle. Best wishes and prayers go with him as he will represent the cutting edge of good to vanquish evil. Do not forget Comrade, we are in support of your endeavors and let not our fellow men, some of which do not intend maliciousness, to obscure the clarity of your mission, for it is simple.

Originally posted by Leopard:

Kuniworth,

My condolences on the death of your foreign minister. I thought about you when I read about the stabbing, as I remembered our in-game conversation about Social democrats and the low crime rates in Sweeden. I was saddened to see she passed away today.

I hope this will remain an isolated incident in Sweeden, and that violence remains rare in your country.

Leopard

Crime rates are not low in Sweden.

http://www.minjust.nl/b_organ/wodc/publicaties/rapporten/pubrapp/ob187.htm

[ September 11, 2003, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

I read about this on the internet the other day, it didn't say she died...another sad story. People are murdered & die everyday all over the world...soldiers in Iraq, civilians in Iraq, taxi drivers, girlfriends who dumped their boyfrieds, drunk drivers (manslaughter), school shootings, terrorists attacks, snipers, people who get fired from the jobs then go on a shooting rampage, the list goes on. If you want my take on Life/Death, see me on ICQ.

Keeping this post related to SC. Are you in need for mental challenge? Want to recreate WW-2 on a grand level? Then play Battlefront's classic game, Strategic Command. For a terrific price of $25, you will be entertained for years to come.

Rambo