Please fix/limit partisans ASAP!

Rediroc

If I sound angry, its because I just had a good game ruined by this. :mad:

I am sorry but Yougoslavian partisans should NOT be advancing into Germany or taking Prague! The Axis player has enough challanges and should not have to garrison every city in Germany to boot!

Please limit partisans to their home country of limit ability to cap cities with them.

Thanks.

I don't agree. The Yugoslav partisans were very effective during the war, the Russian partisans even more so. The Germans had to deploy substantial numbers of rearguard garrison troops to deal with this. If you do this the, problem will be dealt with, as a cost, simulating the cost to the Nazis in real life.

Hehe I think we are of the same opinion on this matter Rediroc. Posted my 'anti partisan' thread 2 min after you.

Nuisance, true - military menace? Not really...

Second rate troops were usually enough to subdue em and they were relatively immobile. Yugoslav partisans wanted to liberate.....Yugoslavia, not conquer Germany or liberate Prague, lol!

Originally posted by Sol Invictus:

This is true, but it is a way to force the German player to commit sizeable forces to keep the partisan at bay, which is what actually happened. If you want Yugoslavia, be prepared to commit a garrison.

Oh yes I did have a garrison in Yugoslavia! The problem is, they just bypass it and "liberate" German cities. B.S. Please fix it. :eek:

The partisans have to be mobile and be threats, otherwise they are pointless. If as the German I know all I need to do is leave one corps or army in Belgrade, what's the point of partisans?

For a little more depth on what the Nazis had to put up with read this:

German Antiguerrilla Operations in the Balkans (1941-1944)

"As of the end of June [1943], the Germans had a total of three Bulgarian, one Italian, and 12 of their own divisions scattered throughout those areas of the Balkans under nominal German control."

In my own first game against as the Axis against a human I NEVER had a partisan pop up in Yugoslavia, but I was ready, maybe that's why...

Gunlinger

Neat trick I stumbled upon:

Drop a corps into the part of NW Yugoslavia where the partisans typically appear and leave it there. It seems as if that keeps them from ever showing up again. From this I would guess the partisans cannot appear within one hex of an Axis unit.

Best use of a 1 strength Romanian corps you'll ever see!

Originally posted by Carl Von Mannerheim:

its not gamey, going to where the partisans are in real life would limit their activity

With a 1 pt. Bulgarian corps? You would end up with a weak division getting eaten up in the mountains and open rebellion breaking out in 'real life.'