You Want a Challenge?

SuperTed

Originally posted by SuperTed:

Give the AI a +2 Experience bonus and resist the urge to use gamey strategies. It makes a HUGE difference! :eek:

Hmmm... will try it next.

BTW, do you ever sleep? :eek:

Do you suggest Allies or Axis?

Aloid

[ June 04, 2002, 02:44 AM: Message edited by: Aloid ]

Originally posted by Aloid:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SuperTed:

Give the AI a +2 Experience bonus and resist the urge to use gamey strategies. It makes a HUGE difference! :eek:

Hmmm... will try it next.

BTW, do you ever sleep? :eek:

Do you suggest Allies or Axis?

Aloid</font>

Great idea for a thread SuperTed! I would also suggest trying to play a game with the highest difficulty setting and see how that goes. I'm curious to hear the results and how it affects any of the current strategies such as an early invasion of the USSR etc.

Hubert

I've been playing with the higher settings, but no experience bonus, and getting some challenging gameplay. I'd rather see a smarter AI than one with special advantages. This begs a question. Does anyone use the lower settings at all? I could see shifting the scale a notch or two so the current +50% or +100% is normal and tougher AI levels added, if this is possible. Even on expert level, I'm seeing the AI do some questionable things. I'll try the experience bonus and see what happens.

I have played the demo as Allies with maxed out settings (+100%), +2 Exp levels. I am afraid the AI is still no match tongue.gif

For a start, the AI doesn't understand Blitzkrieg (not that it would be an easy idea to instill I suppose tongue.gif )

Maybe with the next round of patches and improvements, it will be a tougher challenge. Then again, I am playing for the 20th time! Is the computer playing for the first time, every time?

Anyway, look forward greatly to the release. Later,

Hunter

Normally, when I play the axis, I use the highest settings. It delays me for a bit longer, but I can usually still run through France and Sea Lion. I'm generally a bit more cautious when it comes to declaring war though. I don't want to draw the Russians in before I'm ready. Have to try one like that as the allies.