Did anyone ever hear when SC2 is projected for?

japinard

• 1 year later...
Huh????? This thread was super old. Why bring it up?
As a joke - I was doing a search for something else and it came up. I noticed your other posts seams simliar so I thought I'd give it a bump and we could all get a good chuckle that BFs responce to the same question has not changed in 18 months. Thats is to say they've given NO responce or note.

This is not a joke aimed at you, but created by your persistance. Take it as you wish, good : bad or ugly! ;)

I betcha you'll see SC2 within the comming Christmas, if not the next.. Why not??? Good way to make money.. SC has a Cult like Following<look around> wouldn't make fiscal sense not to release a newer version.

It'll depend on how much more advanced it is from the original SC with time frame. BEWARE, Hype is what makes the game turn out bad. Look at Masters of Orion 3, I waited for nearly 3 years plus and it is a total flop. It's collecting dust in my CD case. The game is so bloody advanced from the original it's a bloody boring prospect to play. Not practical at all for even the fastest Connections. The Programmer made a bunch of Promises and such an Anal Creation it is truly a waste of $50 bucks. Civ3 although was a fine release, is has come out with 2 very cheesy titles afterwards that are supposed to be Multi-Player support and Expansion pack. They're Crap, the players forum offers the same junk for free with more detail. Plus you cannot play the game on-line cause it's too detailed and requires UberComputers only... Few have that...

Even one of my Favourite Programmers who does HOI, EU series, and Victoria flopped with Victoria and HOI..That's Johann. HOI is not practical...It is however workable, That's it! Then he went and released Victoria at best a Pre American Civil War to WW1 Simulator that will require 5-6 patches to come out healthy. However, don't get me wrong he will fix his mess. That I can rely on.

Fact is you gotta be a wary buyer, I've been buying Computer Wargames since 1985ish<Simulator, Silent Service would be first, ingenius little game><not that Text Wargame stuff> Sorry I want a Map and would prefer a Boardgame smile.gif SC isn't really advanced at all, it's about as complex as a decent early 90s-mid 90s wargame but it exploits a "FINE CONCEPT" and follows in the footstep and tradition of other wargames. If SC2 does the same with enhancements then we can only expect more playing hours of Joy! That's the important part of this Formula. Time you can spend experiencing new and enjoyable Scenarios and Strategies.. SC has beat out many Games 20 years ahead of it's Game Engine 10 Fold ;)

"posted November 26, 2002 05:48 PM"

Ah, the things one misses ... there are so many of these things appearing that the date of this one went right past me -- When this was originally posted what patch were we up to, V1.04 or something? Compared to the game as it stood at that time, v1.08 practically is SC2!

[ February 11, 2004, 12:08 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

Hey all,

Long time no post. I'm in several basketball and football game leagues (Strat-O-Matic) which are very active now, but I still lurk about the corners looking for SC2 news. I get excited every time I get a bulletin from Battlefront on Combat Mission (a great game also) Africa Corps, thinking it is SC2 news.

I just wanted to say hey.