DOWNLOADABLE VERSION?

Sgt. Recon

Why not sell a downloadable version? This will reduse costs and save the environment. Usuallly there is too much paper and cardboard in the box.

Furthermore if one could buy and download online the customer vould start playing at once. When I shop online it is maynly software and because I can download it and use it now.

If I like a game I want it right away. Having to have to wait might turn you off!

So how about it start downloading games? Who needs to wait for the extra paper trash anyway?

A download copy would be an option, others could buy the complete box.

This could mean different pricing also.

When it comes to european customers I think they would be delighted to not have to wait for shipping even if though it ships out of Ireland.

When it comes to conection speeds I dont think Europeans will have a problem. I reside in Norway and know that when it comes to telecomunications we are way ahead.

ISDN is in continental Europe today the standard. Analoge com is out along time ago. Today about 30% have broadband.

Downloading would in my mind be a sales boost due to the fact that the game will bnot be sold in stores and therefore the internet site would be like the highstreet shop were you can get accesability right away and no hassels.

Sorry, but slow 56k modems for Europeans it´s just a topic smile.gif

Here in Spain ADSL cover 98% of the country and A LOT of people have it, if not cable is the winner is the big cities...

Personally I would like to download the game rather than wait for it smile.gif

are we forgetting about "copy protection"?

:rolleyes:

how would hubert keep someone from giving or even selling copies to others? :confused:

if there is a way to do this then i agree also it should be available for download (you know, save the environment and all that stuff) but from a business standpoint i dont see how it is possible redface.gif

Id really like to be able to download this or any other game instead shipping it from US. I live in Finland and the shipping always costs atleast 10€. Down loading would be soooo much easier.

And about copy protection... I dont see it much harder to make copy protection for downloadable games. Cracking protection will always happen regardless how games are bought. Although I've Operation Flashpoint has decent copy protection. I've done some looking around and never heard of any cracked version of that game which would support all the upgrades without triggering the incoded bad effects. Thats progress for us! smile.gif

Maybe, oh just maybe all games can somaday cost only $25 like SC. All that is needed is cutting down the piracy and thus game companies lowering their ridicilous prices.

What about burners? Even when we buy it and have it shipped on CD, there is nothing stopping someone from burning and selling or giving away - is there? I know some CD are supposed to have protection from being copied...

Personally, I'd prefer a download option. smile.gif