AAR: "No Excuses Son" Game between Zapp (Axis) and Hellrasier (Allies).

zappsweden

Then the only things that will matter anymore is experience and mpps. Guess who has them ...

Axis retain this huge advantage of operating units over a vast map in contrary to the allies who cannot effectively coordinate their 2 fronts on a tactical level.

A no tech game means axis will start their aggression vs russia having 2000+ mpp more i.e. from a 12-15k mpp army to a 14-17k or maybe more.

Again zero tech would render uk carriers inneffective (i agree, carriers are bugged but basically one of the few tools the allies have for winning the game, left aside for axis mistakes).

Again a zero tech game mean axis can defend with air anywhere on the map thus the d-day is an utopia. Western allies cannot afford long air battles in contrary to axis. Western allies NEED to kill off axis air otherwise they lose. Only damaging them is not good enough cuz axis get them back at half price (reinforcing a 1 str AF is half price than buying a new one). Allies cannot do that for more than 4-5 turns.

Take a simple example - no long range tech. Where are supposed the w-allies to attack xcept for places that are 5-6 hexes away from Britain?

Not the techs are the problem but the way they are modded. It is too random and it is getting frustrating fast. A progress bar following the mpp investment would be far better - ok, you can add in some randomness in the sense that, i put 2 chits in X tech which should produce the first advance after 10 turns - randomness means +/-1 or 2 or 3 turns - you can get it a little faster or slower but you will get it 'around' the expected time. This would avoid the frustrating 'i sank 5 chits for 2 years and i only got jets 1' stuff.

Some time ago, Terif expressed his opinion about tech luck - it all evens out in the long run and in the end only strategy matters.

While I fully agree with the first part, the second is very arguable. My experience (ok, a lot less than his) tells me that there are several turning points in the game of SC. If you got the techs exactly when those turning points occur, it is game over - it will be no more such thing as 'long run'.

In a game where both sides advance 'normally' (i.e. no miraculous 1 chit - 3 advances in 10 turns sequence), the strategy counts definitely more.