All I want for Christmas is Zapp & Terif to play a match

jon_j_rambo

Hmm... didn't notice this thread til now. Ok, my thoughts on this: Terif really doesn't like Zapp. He became annoyed for whatever reason (good or bad), and doesn't want to play Zapp ever again. Ever. Well, never say never. Wait, i said 'ever'. Ok, i'm screwed up. In any case, don't anyone blame Terif for being a wimp or dick for not playing Zapp, it's his choice, leave him alone. On the other side, I don't think it's uncalled for that some of us would like to see another game between 'old friends'. Wait, let me rephrase that, 'old adversaries'. I don't think the old Zapp and Terif relationship could ever have been construed as a friendship. Off on a tangent again, ok, so MYSELF included, I'd like to see those two fight a last game. I think ONE last game couldn't hurt. Terif, you could make Zapp sign a waiver form saying that this will be his last chance to ever play you, and should this discussion ever appear again, you can point to his signature :D .

I stress to all who read this that this is just a GAME. A *explitive* game. Get that in your heads. I see people go overboard on smacktalk, become bad losers, and/or poor winners. Those people I cannot respect, for they have really lost all perspective.

I enjoy playing Terif, so I will keep my relations with him intact. He's not my friend per-se, he's more like an advanced AI computer opponent to me. Sort of like Deep Blue. In other words, this is the Internet, and friendships die more easily than they do in real-life, at least imo.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Avatar:

In any case, don't anyone blame Terif for being a wimp or dick for not playing Zapp, it's his choice, leave him alone. On the other side, I don't think it's uncalled for that some of us would like to see another game between 'old friends'.

I totally understand Avatar. Who wouldn't want to see the extravaganza in an upcoming genious beating up the green "has been" (=Terif)? tongue.gif:D

Originally posted by Avatar:

Terif, you could make Zapp sign a waiver form saying that this will be his last chance to ever play you, and should this discussion ever appear again, you can point to his signature :D .

Now.. did you want me to sign my signature under the text.. "I Zappsweden promise that I will never play Terif again unless... he loses and wants a rematch" ? :D:D:D

[ November 14, 2004, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

@Avatar:

Yes, this is only a game that should make fun. It is not a profession and not a duty. So nobody can be forced to play someone else - Neither did I accept it in the past nor will I accept it in the future.

Zapp tried to force me since around a year, he never stopped and obviously never recogniced when it is time to stop... telling a lot of - I can´t call it something else - bull****.

And yes, I am VERY annoyed of him and his different campaigns here in the forum and elsewhere. Don´t expect me to be willing to spend even more time with this guy by playing him ever again.

Does this mean Zapp & Terif won't be talking at the annual Holiday Dinner Party? Hey, whoever is in charge of arranging the seating, please put these guys at seperate tables smile.gif

Anybody want to meet in Vegas? I'm already flying to out for 2-weeks, then a mini-party trip would be fun too smile.gif

Yoda is awakened by the challenge from Zappsweden. yoda1.jpg

"What shall I do?", Yoda thinks to himself. "I thought I defeated this kid years ago, but... Zapp keeps coming back at me. I would play him for fun, but what is my duty now that I lead the Clones of PL? What kind of a Jedi goes back on his word, but this is just a game. What kind of a Jedi allows the enemy to trample in my playground. I hope I don't have to see him at this year's annual Holiday Turkey Dinner Party."

Statement (October 30, 2004):

Originally posted by zappsweden:

"He's afraid. I can see it in his eyes... I'M THE NEW CHAMPION, I'M THE NEW CHAMPION!!!" - Clubber Lang (Rocky III) ;)

To Talk the Talk (October 30, 2004):

Originally posted by Terif:

Well, I don´t WANT to take part - but if I am forced to then I fight and don´t surrender ;)

To Walk The Walk? (November 14, 2004):

@Avatar:

Zapp tried to force me since around a year

Zappsweden >>>>>>>>>>>>> STEEEEEEERIKE! :D

[ November 18, 2004, 04:37 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

. I certainly could crush Zapp without any problems

Hah! You would not even get past France. tongue.gif

I stopped Rambo 3 times in a row (yesterday) in France WITHOUT using any gambits. Sorry Yoda, but you are a "has been" at best. :D

[ November 21, 2004, 03:46 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Originally posted by Dragonheart:

Honestly said, i think rather you wont have a chance even against me...so you you are far from winning ag Terif. tongue.gif

But you are so wrong... tongue.gif

I could spank your bottom blue at this instant second if you dare (to challenge me)...

Bring it on, talk is cheap! ;)

[ November 21, 2004, 03:54 AM: Message edited by: zappsweden ]

Terif is still "Hard to Kill" and I don't see that changing. Flawless gameplay, in 3 games I've met him in battle. With a Zero bid I could possibly beat him 1 in 3. Then so could many of you...

Who really is a contender, one doesn't exist. If one does exist Will the Real Terif Contender please stand up Please Stand up tongue.gif

P.S. Has there been a Zapp and Terif Challenge Match? If so I'd love to read the AAR...

Tztz missing some hours here the kids are getting ugly tongue.gif

Liam wanna have zero bids, rambo is complaining about the poles despite his german units flee always during the 2nd turn :D (sorry rambo ;) ), and zapp wanna have some hardcore food....

Listen zapp you cant have a Dragonheart to your breakfast as my ISCL name is now similar to my Panzerliga name...which is Königstiger... so watch out this is the name kicking your ass soon but currently i have to take care more interesting games. :D

Just read the following....rambo withdrew....rambo joined....rambo withdrew....between....4 games ag Zapp.....man what did you do with our league runner!!!!! :D

DH, I was a real beginner. Terif helped educate me with 10 losses or so..Rambo did too later, but not through telling me much, through whooping my ass.

I finally beat one of the Mentors, as I always do.. and I did it 3-4 Xs in a row without much trouble then he evened us out. Same thing happened in Axis & Allies vs COW, at the time #1 rated player. And in EUII vs some top Ten Guys.. <a game 40 Times harder and 20 times more complex than SC> hard to be the best when your energy is divided but it's fun nevertheless

Zapp is a good player. So is Terif. Zapp made a come back gave me a match when I was on my game, and my dice were perfect. Now he's winning every game, and I think he's going to make a run for #1 for good.. I'm going to really dig out my A game at this point just to make him stretch.. Terif will have trouble right now vs him... If Zapp pulls his moves right I think this could be the end of a Dynasty. Terif's Championchip belt is on the line! ;)