Rambo vs Brian: AAR

BriantheWise

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Codeword: Folgers

This tells my officers operation SeaLion is on!

Are you kidding me? I'm knocking down about my 8th beer. Maybe I should have done the Scotch.

The Eagle Has Landed. We are engaging the enemy where he stands, England.

[ January 11, 2003, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Swarming....London will surely fall....

The problem with the Dutch gambit is if you don't do it just right, the French will fall too soon. I put up a better fight than I thought I could, but the readiness is so very low.

But I didn't do the gambit right and the Italian readiness built up fast.

Now Rambo and his fat hobbit troops are on my shores. It is going to be very dicey. I moved and cut off his landing on the east, now he has troops ready to land on the west.

It's something like Oct/Nov '40. Looks like the Brits sold their Bomber for some corps. Most the British navy has been recycled to the bottom of the ocean. There's gotta be some British naval sailing home from the Med. I'm sending a few Italians around the Med. looking for abandoned cities, no luck yet.

Readiness:

USA 17 (has moved up 20%)

Russia 34

[ January 11, 2003, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: jon_j_rambo ]

Whoops! I was wrong. He has some naval-units at Gibralter, I just ran an Italian corp into them. It was reduced from 10 --> to --> 3. Canadians in Western Libya.

I capture the port at Scapa-Flow. The bomber was_not sold. I head-cracked it though, trashed the 2 of 3 British carriers too. I'm not happy with my execution of SeaLion. It's more of a "Swarm" than a solid plan.

But the "Swarm" has impressed the leadership of Spain, for they have joined the Axis.

It is November, 40.

I'm probably telling too much of my strategic position, but...

I have a line of corps from Manchester to London. My Monty is in London. I have nothing else to put there. My bomber and fighters are dead. Rambo has at least 5 fighters. He does not yet have a port in the south, but does have two HQ's. Still his troops are taking a punch.

He also is swarming with troops on the North side, and I am getting battered.

So: I have a few corps and an HQ, I have one fleet and one carrier. I have no air left. I haven't done any tech (and I don't think Rambo has either, frankly) This is a very snarly fight.

England will probably fall and I expect it, But he's got none of the neatrals. And Russia may play.

I'm going to the end. I'm going to fight. I am going to beat this guy, Rambo, and then we won't have to listen to how the Axis are always favored.

But in the meantime, my heart trip hammers.

(which is good)

K rist! I have never seen this before.

USA prepares for war. Rambo (and now I truly believe he deserves the name), is making little headway in England. Many armies, no supply.

He invades Canada. It surrenders. He declares war, can you believe this?, on USA and takes key cities. That won't last, but wow!

(And they say this game gets linear. Play Rambo, and whap a plastic bag around your head.)

I don't think England will fall.

This is a totally unusual game!

The British are getting 65 MMPs. The Canadians surrendered. My Canadian army was in Tripolitaina, and of course, surrendered, so Rambo has that back.

The USA has 120 MMP's because the Italians are visiting and took things.

The Russian readiness, which I hope will be the game killer is about 60%.

Wow!

Cher says;

Guys it's all or nothing now

Don't wanna run and I can't walk out

You're breaking my heart if you leave me now

Don't wanna wait forever

Who do you think you're fooling?

Who do you think you're fooling?

guys it's all or nothing

guys it's all or nothing now