[AAR] Royal Rumble Summer Slam --- YodaTerif vs RamboLegend

jon_j_rambo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Rambo had this trouble with me last game, he bought too many AFs for Russia, I did nearly lose an HQ but in the end my superior German Jet and LR Tech ate the Russians Air. Zapp usually does that with tanks... both I find ineffective against a competent steady and cautious Axis Barbarossa. Meaning good Armies good Experience and AT... A lot relies on the luck of Reds getting Jets if you buy fighters with it I notice, that and a weak Wermacht so that means that you had to have mowed down a good amount of Germans in France.

Seems as if Rambo did perfect in the West, aside from a weak Fodder Navy. That happens though, who can predict how dice will roll with those expensive ships and if you lose a few or damage a few you badly need the MPPs elsewhere!

PS good advice for newer players, in the game I beat Rambo, despite it being only a 20 bid, I missed killing frontlines Reds due to pushing RR beyond the 86<squeezing every inch yanno> and still won due to good and wise invest on Land units. I had 7-8 tanks... Lost all of them but won by wars end... Red Fighters never payed off.. I think if the Reds can afford an AF, Axis have lost already ;)

My Hat's off to Rambo for even playing Terif the Terrible. Terif is out of anyone's playing ability.

I thought Rambo played a well played game and would have beaten almost anyone else in this game. On his buying too much air I think not. Against Terif you need that IF, yes IF, you can get some help with Tech. IF Rambo did get some help with Russian air tech it could have change the outcome of the game.

I've stopped playing until SC II, but its nice to see some of the old hands still active. smile.gif

Yep, RACK only works once when the enemy is surprised smile.gif - but there are a lot of strategies that only work ones and if the enemy doesn´t know what´s coming...so if you mix and change them every game, chances are you can surprise the enemy from time to time smile.gif

BTW: Just writing an AAR for our very good last (third) game from this weekend smile.gif

Edit:

AAR can be found here

smile.gif

[ April 25, 2005, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: Terif ]