Scenario Depot Feedback

I love the Depot, and use it a lot, and have done for quite a long while.

I'm afraid to say that I really find the new version quite frustrating, however.

- The bullets really make it hard to see-at-a-glance what the person's opinion was.

- It's a complete pain in the butt having to click on "Details" buttons for each and every review to read the review. Compared to scrolling down the page (as it was before) it's just awful!

GaJ.

Yeah - spreading out the bullets, or putting in some other kind of guage would be good.

I knew that the scenario authors would shoot back that there aren't enough reviews to make the buttons a nuisance... there will never be enough reviews for the authors.

But I wouldn't be complaining if it wasn't a nuisance. I just tried to look at CDSM-StVith, for example. There are "only" 4 reviews there, but that's 4 button clicks and tiresome waits for a popup to come and then another 4 clicks to get rid of it the popups... plus then trying to remember which review popup corrsponds to which author feedback ... all that could be avoided if the review was in-line.... why not just make it in line!?

(I'd have commented directly to the ADM instead of whinging here, except I think the ADM is off duty at the moment ... is that right?)

Cheers,

GaJ

I <u>think</u> he changed the reviews by adding a "Details" button to avoid giving away spoilers (even though most people put the spoiler warning anyways).

Perhaps Keith could add a button near the top where the reviews start that is for "All Detailed Reviews" that would open as a pop-up.

GreenAsJade,

I am aware of a number of issues that need to be addressed. However, until I find a job, SD modifications are on hold.

With regards to the review details: that is a minor bug (which i coulda swore I fixed) that I can fix in a day or so. Ideally, the review details are to be displayed unless the author specifically indicates that they want review details hidden. I'll look into this issue this week.

I can also space the bullets out for readability.

The vertical spacing of the reviews themselves (again, this was fixed at one time) is a bit more of a sticky wicket, but totally addressable.

All, right now stress level is pretty high, what with having to teach East Indians my job, as well as the impending Sept 30 layoff. By all means, if you run across an issue, please email me. However, expect it to be addressed sometime after Sept 30.