DC Area CM Meeting #2 - Sat. Oct. 20 @ 7:00 PM

Hi All,

A motley crew of CM enthusiasts from the Washington, DC area will be having our second get-together this Saturday night at 7:00 PM. We'll be meeting at the Glory Days Grill in the Pan Am shopping center at Lee Highway and Nutley Street. It's in beautiful Fairfax, Virginia.

To any other DC-area lurkers who we don't already know about - crawl out from under your rocks and join us! You may even get to meet the legendary Lawyer, who started the whole CM get-together movement. For a small fee he might autograph your CM disk.

Jess

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JessRobinson:

Hi All,

A motley crew of CM enthusiasts from the Washington, DC area will be having our second get-together this Saturday night at 7:00 PM. We'll be meeting at the Glory Days Grill in the Pan Am shopping center at Lee Highway and Nutley Street. It's in beautiful Fairfax, Virginia.

To any other DC-area lurkers who we don't already know about - crawl out from under your rocks and join us! You may even get to meet the legendary Lawyer, who started the whole CM get-together movement. For a small fee he might autograph your CM disk.

Jess<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I might just be able to make this one... if so, look for a USS Pennsylvania cap with a nice BB stitched on the front.

And the Chinese place nearby does a good rendition of Szechuan String Beans, which is on the plan for lunch tomorrow...

JR, nice to see another local RoadRuner user.

Is the RR mail server down as much for you as it is for me???

Herr Oberst,

Yes, Roadrunner's local mail server can be a bit unreliable. Overall, though, I'm very happy with the service - I usually have sustained download speeds of 120-150 kbs. That's important when you can't wait to get your hands on the newest CM mods. (Said like a true modslut.)

Hope to see you tomorrow night!

Jess

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wwb_99:

Have a good time gentlemen (a term used very loosely). Unfortunately I cannot attends, but hoist several for me.

Tell el Guapo I own him.

WWB<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I own j00 d00d. U l33t haxor.

*ahem, sorry about that*

I've not seen the last turn yet, so I don't know. We'll see. Your Stuarts are about to get owned, though.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JessRobinson:

We'll be meeting at the Glory Days Grill in the Pan Am shopping center at Lee Highway and Nutley Street.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's a fairly good miniature golf course near there. Seems appropriate, somehow. Can't make it, myself, so someone please remind Jakey what a pillock he is for me (don't you owe me a setup, Lawyer-boy?). I hope to meet y'all next time around.

Agua Perdido

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Agua Perdido:

There's a fairly good miniature golf course near there. Seems appropriate, somehow. Can't make it, myself, so someone please remind Jakey what a pillock he is for me (don't you owe me a setup, Lawyer-boy?). I hope to meet y'all next time around.

Agua Perdido<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Washington Cool CM Players -- 2

Agua Perdido Excuse-Maker -- 0

You do the math. We all win when AG fails.

Sorry gents. The closest I could get to PanAm was to drive by at around 6:30pm on the way home with new materials to complete replacing a basement window.

It was really tempting to hang out for fifteen minutes to catch at least a hello, but givern that I had just snagged a new 18 volt cordless drill that wasn't absolutely necessary, I decided I'd best not push my luck too far, if you know what I mean.

It was good to step out of the lurking shadows and hoist a beer (to Lawyers defeat, of course). Sad that I had to leave so soon, especially because I heard that El Guapo was going to let the others in on his hidden ambush vs wwb_99. And I never did get my free beer from Lawyer...but neither did I get a summons, so I'm happy. Jess - a setup if you please! Anything, anytime, anywhere, etc etc etc..and my email in case the drinking went on a bit too long- god_emperor_lerche@yahoo.com.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by White4:

And I never did get my free beer from Lawyer...but neither did I get a summons, so I'm happy. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Get with the program, Chris. No free beer without saying the magic words "Jake, you are the best CM player I've ever met." I didn't hear the words, so you didn't get the beer.

Better men than you have swallowed what little pride they have in order to get a free beer from me. I ain't in this for charity. You've go to deliver the goods.

Jake

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by White4:

"Jake, you are the..." urk. Can't spit it out! Especially since I am the best CM player that I know, having only played the AI. How about a game with a wager of a round of beers bought by the law- er, loser?<hr></blockquote>

A little thirsty, but can't afford the beer here? Get in line, lurker boy. I'll play you when I finish killing a few of the 10 other gits I'm playing.