OK I'm new to CM I got the demo now what??

I know I'm like a year behind everyone.I know I need to buy the game. Is it in stores now or do I have to get it on-line? I have no money right now. I loved the demo, I got both demos just to play 4 scenarios. Are there any scenarios you can DL to use with the demo. Any web site for new people? Any reviews of CM compared to CM2??

The game will never be in stores. Only available through the internet.

No scenarios available for use with the demo(s), that I'm aware of.

This IS the website for NEW PEOPLE. smile.gif

The reviews of CM2 are not really there, yet. But it promises to be CM:BO, hopped up on junk! smile.gif

Scour the couch for change. Sell the dog. Sell lemonade. Sell yourself. Get money.

Buy the game.

P.S. what TWO demos?!?!?! I thought there was only ONE demo. smile.gif

•Buy the game, that you know

•Kiss life as you know it good-bye

•You will save money as you will not need to buy another game.

•You will lose money by flunking out of school, losing your job, divorce (or no nookie CM can be a jealous mistress) and runnig up a tab at Amazon.com

Note: Please try to remember to feed and water the dog. It is reported that pet starvation has dramatically increased since CMBO was released.

Sites to peruse: Start with the "classic" now updated and glossy Combat Mission HQ

Then there is the One stop shopping of Combat Missions with mods, articles and a wealth of advice. Then venerable CM Outpost will wet your whistle for the mod-slut in all of us and what your game can look like. Finally there is Desert Fox, Desert Rats for an innovative spin into a North African view. The CM Webring lists these and a host of others.

Enjoy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Skipper:

I dont think anyone would, unless one's wife won the "me or computer" match. :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heck NO! If that's about to happen, you'd better call artillery down on your own position.

Everybody on this site may seem to be talking about CM2 but nobody's played it. Not due out til the Fall. CM1 has just got them all revved-up in anticipation.

You may think the demo is giving you an idea of gameplay, but the first time I played 'A Walk in Paris' on the CD my jaw dropped. 20 full blocks of downtown Paris on Liberation day! Panthers firing at targets 1,700 meters away down paved boulevards. For we happy few who've had the CD for a year we sometimes forget what it was like when we first got the game.

While you're saving your pennies I'd suggest you use the demo to hone your tactical skills. Try a frontal assault (amost always fatal), a flank attack, envelopment, smoke screens, use of terrain for cover, use of artillery and mortars, etc .etc .etc. It's the closest you can get to combat without actually being shot through the middle.