Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

BTS, Funklenkpanzers in CM2?

Are those the remote controlled tracked mines? I don't think they were very common, but they'd be interesting in the game. If they are added, then the Russian "Dog Mines" should be added to the Eastern Front CM. Or maybe not, I never found the notion of Kamikaze dogs very appealing.

You mean Goliaths? They would be interesting to have, but I wonder how they would be modeled.

And no, I don't really think the suicide dogs should be modeled. Just a little too inhumane, IMHO.

------------------

The Last Defense- Made any scenarios? Send them here!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

And no, I don't really think the suicide dogs should be modeled. Just a little too inhumane, IMHO.

Now that's an interesting comment. Some people want NKVD troops in the game to kill their own troops, others want tanks to be able to run over enemy troops and AT guns, and you're worried about a few dogs. That's just strange.

Originally posted by von_M:

Now that's an interesting comment. Some people want NKVD troops in the game to kill their own troops, others want tanks to be able to run over enemy troops and AT guns, and you're worried about a few dogs. That's just strange.

i want maultiers and katyusha trucks in direct fire roles.

buahaha

andy

Guest Rommel22

I want so that if two tanks collide, the two tanks will suffer damage. Right now it is not modelled, I wish it was. This way you can create roadblocks or when out of ammo and desperate ram other tanks. I know this has been discussed, but I really want this available.

Here is an example! (from another game, but LISTEN UP!!!!)

I was playin OP. Flashpoint 1985, I got the patch where you can hop in the tank (in the demo) and drive it and shoot it. Well, I came up over a small hill, to a village and there a BMP was sitting facing me. I was speeding fairly fast in my BMP ( I know but the patch doesn't give you U.S tanks). The Enemy BMP shot my turret and dammaged the gun and I wasnt able to traverse the turret. ( I never stopped moving, I kept speeding toward the BMP, although the blast pretty much stopped me, but I started going again) So I RAMED the enemy BMP with mine. (collision damage is modelled in Flashpoint) I got pretty much screwed but the Enemy BMP in the collision, but the enemy BMP didn't fire again. I hoped out of my bmp and threw some grenades at it and it didn't move or fire!

Just an example, from that experience I wish CM2 will feature collision damage.

It did happen, not that frequenttly but it did. I would think it doesn't need to much programming. You don't have to do anything more graphicly, just when the tanks collide, maybe they'll get a damaged gun, throw a track, or be abandon by the crew if the tank is smashed badly.

Thanx

------------------

Rommel22s Kampfgruppe site:

http://rommel22diarys.homestead.com/MyPage1.html

"I saw 5 Germans walking down the side of the road, so I followed them for a few yard to get closer. Then I shot them! Later that day I found out the war has been over for a few weeks." - someone

Originally posted by grunto2:

i want maultiers and katyusha trucks in direct fire roles.

buahaha

andy

This was already discussed once or twice. Bottom line is that the minimum range was something like 300m, so they would only be useful on huge maps, and would have to sit idly by after 10 turns or so.

------------------

The Last Defense- Made any scenarios? Send them here!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

Originally posted by von_M:

Not so strange, really. There is an abundance of psychiatric/psychological data to suggest that even the most hardened and compassionless of killers are frequently softened where animals are concerned. It's often harder for them to hurt an animal than a human.

In short, we all cried at the end of Ol' Yeller smile.gif