A small interface tweak in CMBB:QB, please?

Being a web and interface designer I'm kinda "sensitive" to various interface problems.

And there is one such with CMBO Quick Battle setup screens, i.e. when user has entered the setup beyond first QB screen, there is no chance of returning back to previous screen if you forgot to change some setting (Imagine, setting up a big QB with various settings, bought your units, and then all of a sudden... you remeber that you forgot to change the default Village setting to Town (and for what you bought those SMG squads and flamers anyway?)

Off course you can QUIT anytime (Cmd-Q on Mac) while setting up if you do not want to wait the "Loading 3D models...", and then start all over...

Please?

[ 07-03-2001: Message edited by: ciks ]

Maybe someone has already suggested this one, but it would be nice if the units started together instead of all over the map after you pick them for a QB. I always have to find the HQ's etc... that go with each platoon then shuffle them around to get the unit organized before I place it on the map. It takes quite a bit of time even in a small battle.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ellros:

StellarRat, can you elaborate? In a QB, all your units are along your baseline, in the order they were purchased. It's fairly easy to find the HQ's in that respect.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm...it seems to me they are in a line but not by platoon or company. Maybe I'm dreaming.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by StellarRat:

Hmm...it seems to me they are in a line but not by platoon or company. Maybe I'm dreaming.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You must be sleeping on the job :D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Hey what about an "Auto-deploy" button for the chronically lazy? Then with a few clicks of the button you are ready to battle, no fuss about hull-down positions or LOS, just spread 'em out like the AI already does for its side.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And then, I think there should be an auto-fight button that runs the scenario for you, so you can lie on the couch and watch Oprah or Jerry Springer.

:D:D

Actually, its not an bad idea..

At the very least, I'd like to be able to run whatever calculation the AI does when it sets up its AT guns. Often, they are very nicely placed.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Maybe someone has already suggested this one, but it would be nice if the units started together instead of all over the map after you pick them for a QB. I always have to find the HQ's etc... that go with each platoon then shuffle them around to get the unit organized before I place it on the map. It takes quite a bit of time even in a small battle. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also had a thought about what (I think) StellarRat means: it's so that units at the start of QB is "organised" in groups - tanks in one group, support weapons in other, and so on. But then i think it's to much hassle to make it without real benefit.

I must say I fully support the autodeploy idea. I have been thinking of posting that idea for some time, but was afraid I was the only one that would use it (or maybe it's just laziness). I have hardly played CM since I got my copy last June since I never seem to have enough time nor patience to setup the game AND play the game.

I also like a redeploy option if one is not satisfied with the first computergenerated setup. And, it goes without saying, I want to be able to make small adjustments after the autodeploy (move that platoon just a little bit west, etc.).

Oh, and how about some hardcoded TRPs (at least for the defenders) as the scenariodesigners never seem to bother including any. I always thought it was sop to preregister mortars and artillery.

And one last thing on my list: replacements for HQ-units in operations. I hate it when the platoon HQs get eliminated and left you have three perfectly fit squads and noone to lead them.