This was unbelievable

I just watched two of my M36 Jacksons kill each other, at the exact same second... I could hardly believe it.

They were standing right next to each other, when they spotted an infantry squad each, one coming from the left, one from straight ahead. One Jackson opened fire at the one ahead, the other at the one coming from the left. As both squads were fleeing, they kept running towards and passing the Jacksons, and my Jacksons kept firing. When they were really close, both Jacksons fired at once, still on one squad each, causing both Jacksons at once to become abandoned. Also when I read the Unit info they read 1 M36 Jackson destroyed...

Can debris really knock out an M36?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sven:

[snip]Can debris really knock out an M36?<hr></blockquote>

It wasn't the debris but the blast from their shot (90mm HE round) that hit too closely. I was playing a scenario recently where a Stuart HMC did the same thing. It fired too closely to itself and knocked itself out.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Cameroon:

It wasn't the debris but the blast from their shot (90mm HE round) that hit too closely. I was playing a scenario recently where a Stuart HMC did the same thing. It fired too closely to itself and knocked itself out.<hr></blockquote>

This is now the easiest way to KILL an HMC

Send in some infantry close to it and it will try to shoot them with a BIG HE round and blow its self up EVERY time.

sort annoying actually.

-tom w

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

This is now the easiest way to KILL an HMC

Send in some infantry close to it and it will try to shoot them with a BIG HE round and blow its self up EVERY time.

sort annoying actually.

-tom w<hr></blockquote>

Hard to believe that could be replicated time and time again by your opponent. Even if it does work, certainly you'd have at least one infantry squad or mg team nearby to prevent a "gamey" move like that.