CM - Purple Heart?

A true story:

...sitting there with a fresh cup of french roast plotting, and successfully executing I might add, the demise of the American hordes confronting me. Life is good. What I really need is some munchies and this will be perfect. OK, even on the uber Dell, the GO command will take a while to process, so I've got enough time to run upstairs and get some of those chips and/or whatever else is handy and return before it finishes if I hurry. The arty's assigned, my interlocking fields of fire are all just so, at least that's the plan, and that Hetzer is about to smoke one or more foolish Shermans that choose to drive across that open area over there. OK, GO! Idiot game-playing man jumps from chair and heads up the stairs at warp one. The chips! The chips! where the hell are the chips? Man, those Shermans are going to be sorry, hehe. Damn, there are no friging chips, OK ,pretzels, that'll have to do cuz I won't make it back to see all the death and destruction as it happens, Live! Headed back downstairs, on the third step from the bottom, the right foot slips a bit, and there's this really nasty crunching-cracking sound as the right big-toe is mega-stubbed. Sh*t,... Ouch,... man that really hurt. Oh well. Back at the chair the Hetzer kills a ..., jeep ..., and well, nothing much else happens. Ten minutes later..., boy, that toe is throbbing pretty good and it's really starting to hurt. Let's take a look at that sucker. Man removes sock. Holy crap! The entire front left quadrant of the the foot is black and blue and profoundly swollen. Better get some ice on that. About half way back upstairs I discovered that actually I can't really even walk on that foot anymore. Two hours, and $1,257.52 later the Doctor says it has been broken in two places and gives me some aspirin. He says..." You probably won't be able to walk on that for several days, so go home and read a book or play a computer game or whatever" Thanks, Doc, great advice.

Lessons learned:

1. Don't run down stairs (a lesson I should have learned 30 years ago)

2. Don't get so wrapped up in the damn game that you take leave of your senses.

Later, Dave

oh man that sux...at least it was because u were winning the battle smile.gif

i remember another poster posted that he got injured badly and his first thought was something like "wow, if the troops could have seen me take one for the team"

------------------

russellmz,

Self-Proclaimed Keeper for Life of the Sacred Unofficial FAQ.

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

i was playing one time, i forget excatly what happened but i blew up some german uber tank with a PIAT from the rear, and i was in a computer chair with wheels on the bottom, leaned back as a laughed and flipped. NOW the worst part; There was a scummy molding bowl of 3 week old Ramen noodles behind me, my head hits the edge of the bowl, catapaults the moled noodles onto my face and into my mouth as i laughed. Then later about threw up.

Just do what I did-move the fridge, phone, and grog-books to easy reaching distance of the computer.

(Course, in a dorm there aren't too many other places to put them.)

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Guest Michael emrys

Originally posted by Sgt Fred:

The phone and books part is easy, but moving the fridge, particularly with a broken toe/foot, is a bit tricky

Do what I did. I keep a jar of peanut butter and a resealable bag full of crackers and Oreos handy, with another resealable bag of Doritos within reach. If it looks like it's going to be a really long night, I also have two or three kinds of chocolate bars to hand and a bag of lemon drops too.

The only impediment now to continuous play is having to get up to take a whiz, etc.

Michael

Guest Michael emrys

Naw, the point isn't that I eat all the time, but that I spend as little time as I can get away with running to get the food.

Michael

Actually, I don't have a fridge. But I did the next best thing, and moved my computer closer to the windowsill. (Colorado college reefer, we call it) And one of these days I'll be able to afford munchies.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska