AKotM (Con't)

Roight Gents,

per Madmatts orders we are starting a new thread.

I am going to repeat what I said in the last post plus the Semi-Final bracket.

Second Round Bracket: Tyrannic 12

TBlaster

vs.-----------------TBlaster

Kunzler

1)

Def Bungis

vs.-----------------Def Bungis

Jeff Heidman

==============================

SuperSlug

vs.-----------------SuperSlug

Stoffel

2)

Bil Hardenberger

vs.-----------------Joeski

Joeski

==============================

Texastoast

vs.-----------------Texastoast

Kain

3)

Speedy

vs.-----------------Speedy

Chairman7w

=============================

I want to elaborate a little about what is going to happen in the Finals. Yes it will 3 people fighting it out for 2 slots so we will use the tried and true, "Round Robin".

Basically it goes like this:

Team A

Team B

Team C

A vs B

A vs C

B vs C

Out of those 3 fights, chances are someone will lose both his battles. (Or so the theory goes) If in the event of a tie, we will have an unprecedented "Tie Breaker Round Robin", that will produce 2 final players. If in the event of another tie rolleyes.gif I will personally shoot one of you and the other two go on. biggrin.gif

I really don't know what then...I am open to suggestions.

Also, these last battles will be more of the conventional type...i.e. random maps.

If anyone would like to make some suggestions, now is the time.

That is all.

------------------

One shot...One Kill

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey,

are you guys even fighting? Please post an update. If you want to drop out like wusses just let me know...I'll be more than happy to consider you the Ass Kisser of the Month and drop you from the fight biggrin.gif

C'mon guys,

this is no time to start getting slack on me. You've come too far!!!

Now, get on with it!

------------------

One shot...One Kill

Texastoast and myself are up to turn 7.

Things do not look so good. Besides the fact that Texas seems to have gone for an all infantry force against my armour heavy force he somehow managed to bribe the luftwaffe in to doing trickshot strafing through the windows of a 2 story building in order to blow up one of my Hetzers frown.gif

------------------

Work is the curse of the drinking class.

I have nothing else to say. Ya, quote that you rat bastards.

-Meeks

Ok guys,

do you think we can get the fights overwith by next weekend?

I would like to set a firm date because it seems to me like enthusiasm is falling rapidly.

Joeski and SS: If one of you doesn't respond to me by this weekend I will consider you two AWOL and drop you out. Sorry, but I need to know how things are progressing as I want to get this thing overwith ASAP.

I don't think I'll do another one simply because they take too damned long! smile.gif

------------------

One shot...One Kill

I don't think I'll do another one simply because they take too damned long!

IronDuke,

Don't stop the tournaments, that would be sad... how about making it a TCP/IP only tourny... would be much quicker, and you could actually finish the entire thing in a month's time.

Just a thought. BTW, don't you owe me a file? wink.gif

Bil

ATTENTION:

Due to a complete lack of comminication(s), I am forced to consider Joeski and SuperSlug as MIA. I will keep them listed as MIA until Tuesday, Feb. 13th. At that time they will be listed as AWOL and dropped from the tournament. This is the last warning.

The official date for the end of the semi-finals is Sunday, Feb. 17th with the Finals commencing on Monday, Feb. 18th.

That is all.

------------------

One shot...One Kill

Hey Iron,

Don't kick us out! We are moving along fine and on turn 14. Locked in heated fire fights all across the web. It's still to close/early to call. I originally saw the AKT thread was locked and did a search but nothing came up. Then the other day I did a search by user "Iron Duke" and did not see this thread. Sorry for the non response.

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

[This message has been edited by joeski (edited 02-13-2001).]

Oh, I see what happened. I just went back and did a search on Iron Duke again. (because I was looking for a new thread on AKT) and I didn't hit the more topics button on the bottom of the page. DOH! That's why it didn't show the 1st time. Also I just emailed Slug and asked about tcp/ip so we can finish by this weekend.

Thanks,

Joe

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

Joeski...excellent news!

I am glad to hear that you two are almost done and I expect everyone else to be done by Sunday.

Just a reminder that the Finals will be more "traditional" maps/fights...i.e. random.

Have fun and keep those fights moving along.

Out.

------------------

One shot...One Kill

Me and Tblaster should finish easy by Sunday.

We are on turn 14 right now, and if I can pull a win out of this battle, it will be another miracle like the battle I had with Jeff H.

Some how, Tblaster has managed to move a half track with a small gun all the way thru this miserable swamp, to my rear area. So, I got big **** falling on my head (150mm?) and enemy in my rear. Not good.

Good post Def...now that's what I call battlefield intelligence smile.gif So now I know that 1. You saw my vehicle already (which I had already assumed) and 2. You don't know the exact type of vehicle i'm using smile.gif

That post cost you the game for sure! (ya right, keep on dreaming Tom)

We should make it OK, I think we are at turn 17 (of 20). I've managed to take out 4 Hetzers and a Panther, with one more Panther immobilized - not bad considering I didn't buy any armor. My wide selection of AT, AA and howitzers has been working overtime though, and there are still a few big cats roaming around to make it interesting at the end.

Originally posted by TBlaster:

Good post Def...now that's what I call battlefield intelligence smile.gif So now I know that 1. You saw my vehicle already (which I had already assumed) and 2. You don't know the exact type of vehicle i'm using smile.gif

That post cost you the game for sure! (ya right, keep on dreaming Tom)

I just keep my men focused on mowing down your grunts. biggrin.gif