Gotta give some credit

LC-

I must give some credit to my brother today for ALMOST beating me at CMBO. The worst part is it was his first game ever played. I didnt know an 8th grader with no real enthusiasm for WWII would ever set a trap like he did on me tonight. 1500 pt meeting engagement he splits his forces (surprise 1) and cuts off my main attack of infanty into two seperate groups while taking out my 2 Shermans with one Panther (surprise 2 as it was his ONLY flank protection) After these surprises I manages to take out his Panther and a couple assault guns on the next few turns with my Piat teams; and then turned on his infantry and finished him off. But still...not the fight I expected from a first time, young, very impatient kid like he is. GOOD JOB BRO!! I cant wait to play him again!

My older brother almost defeated me in our first game. I had played before, he hadn't. But he had seen me play. We played Aachen, me as the Germans, he was the Allies. I won only because my anti-armor assets came through for me in a major way. Once his armor was finished off, his infantry was worn down on my MG's and then crushed by my infantry in counter attack.

Since then, we have played many games, and we usually split 'em 50-50. Sibling rivalries are the best.

-V

dont feel so bad, i was playing chess online a week ago. this guy pulls some stuff i was NOT expecting, i'm sitting 5 moves from being mated. he goes "how old R u?" i answer "17, you?" his response "11"

no worries though, in the rematch i beat him good. but still, getting beat by an 11 year old at anything ruins a day.