confirmation plz - MODs no effect on PBeM?

I would like to install some of the sound/graphic MODs on my copy of CM:BO. However, I play primarily PBeM with a couple of friends and I doubt they have applied, or are particularly interested in applying, any MODs. Based on my reading, I don't believe this would cause any problems for my opponents, but I wanted to check first.

I've tried to do a SEARCH on the forums, but after 15 minutes of no response, decided to just ask. :eek:

Thank you,

mods have no effect on gameplay EVER

not against the AI and not in TCP/IP or PBEM play

Mods are only skins on 3D models which do not change and are inherent to the game.

Mods are ONLY eye-candy to make your game look better.

SO use ALL the mods you want

Have FUN! smile.gif

some of them are Remarkably detailed and very artistic!!

try this site for some nice ones:

http://www.afv-uk.net/cmoutpost/

-tom w

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]</p>

Thank you gent's! I was pretty sure that was the answer, but had this nagging concern that if I played with MODs my friends might end up seeing generic gray boxes or something. I mean it's bad enough that they keep winning our games, but I don't want them to be able to blame me for breaking it. ;)

Again, thanks!

Somewhere back in the history of the BBS was a terrific post about how someone using hi-res mods was being a gamey SOB because his hi-res bmps had a higher pixel density that the standard game issue bmps.

Hence, his armor was more effective at defeating his opponents shots due to the higher pixel density. Similarly, his shots were "virtual tungsten" easily defeating his opponents armor with its lower pixel density.

That one belongs in the BTS Hall of Fame...

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

Somewhere back in the history of the BBS was a terrific post about how someone using hi-res mods was being a gamey SOB because his hi-res bmps had a higher pixel density that the standard game issue bmps.

Hence, his armor was more effective at defeating his opponents shots due to the higher pixel density. Similarly, his shots were "virtual tungsten" easily defeating his opponents armor with its lower pixel density.

That one belongs in the BTS Hall of Fame...<hr></blockquote>

I believe Lawyer made that one.

Hey, guys, get this: Yesterday I was playing a TCP game -British VS Axis, I played the Brits- when suddenly I noticed my British victory flags, and the small flag you see on the bottom of the screen (when no units are selected) had suddenly turned into American flags. My opponent said he had seen this happen before.

Imagine my surprise when, after we continued playing it as a pbem, the British flags were STILL AMERICAN, even though -and I checked- the BMP's in my BMP folder are definitely British.

How about that, huh? :confused:

This is the only game i know where alterations to in-game graphics are called MODS (when used without the graphical context) and it's obvious that any newbie to CM will get confused because MODS do tend to do just that -- modify gameplay in some way. Maybe we oughta change it to "SKINS".

"Skin Slut" anybody? smile.gif Naah...doesn't sound right does it. MODS it is!

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: Manx ]</p>