pbem large files?!

Just started playing a medium sized scenario by pbem. The txt files have quickly reached 1.5 meg and are impossible to attach to emails successfully. Is this normal? Can only small scenrios be played by email?

cheers

G :confused:

The movie files are that big. The regular order phases are much smaller.

If you can't email them aymore, you might consider posting the files on the web somewhere. (Get a free geocities or similar site for that)

Gyrene

You propably have scenario with lot of tanks?

I have only once got scenario file that big, and it was in scenario that had lot of tanks in it. But even with bigger battles I haven't had file bigger than ~800k ..and currently am starting QB with 5000p and files at least so far have been around 800k.

Hi Grumbler,

As soon as you reach 2000pts scen you have some 800 Ko txt files for movies.

It seems somewhat linear, but also is bigger if there's much action (open fields, fast moving and engaging tanks, etc...), smaller if troops don't interact much (inf in bocage...).

Largest PbeM files I've played where some 1.2 Mo size, however I didn't have problems zipping and attaching them...That's only a problem if you have a crappy free ISP with small attachments limits (I've 13 mo, so no prob smile.gif )

In this case you'll have to upload (via FTP for example) to a Web server *or* get a new serious ISP !!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Noba:

There is a little freeware program that can fix that problem. It's called Filesplitter.

http://members.nbci.com/mbjorklu/file_splitter/

I hope the link is ok. Both players will need it of course.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My email/news client (Turnpike) offers me this facility every time I post with an attachment over 64K. Doesn't Outlook Excess have a similar facility?

Yes it does.......This from the Help files

On the Tools menu, click Accounts.

On either the Mail or News tab, click Properties.

On the Advanced tab, select the Break apart messages larger than x KB check box and then enter the maximum file size the server will allow.