Well thats it. It's happened. Ive become a lurker.

LGMB

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lord General MB:

Soldiers,

I do belive that it is time to began, a thread built for Luckers by Luckers. Mabye we can add some humor to this rainforest, turned desert.

Who should leead us to glorry??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I agree a luckers thread is needed. Those bastards that got my Tiger with a conscript sniper for example are filthy luckers...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fangorn:

LOL! :D

This AD guy is the King of the Lurkers! (should I bow before him?) He's here before BTS (#42) and still a junior member!

Long Live the Lurkers!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And you thought you were the king of the lurkers Fang. It is your presence which keeps me from cursing at trolls in portenol, know you would translate my commentary and tell everyone that I can't even curse in that fair language, a true putdown.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

And you thought you were the king of the lurkers Fang. It is your presence which keeps me from cursing at trolls in portenol, know you would translate my commentary and tell everyone that I can't even curse in that fair language, a true putdown.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that so? Next time you call so we can both curse at trolls in portunhol, much more fun! :D

Damm, I realize now I'm just a petty baron of the lurkers...

LGMB,

I think I have joined the ranks of the lurkers as well. I don't know, I think there are too many people here for me to enjoy myself. smile.gif That and the constant "Gamey" and "Uber (Insert nation here) soldiers not modeled" threads got me a lurking.

Perhaps we should organize ourselves into a unit. I nominate #4 for overall commander, and I gladly volunteer myself for brigade/regimental command. ;)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kking199:

LOL.. is there something wrong with lurking?!?!. Frankly there are a few members here who would benefit from lurking instead of posting their worthless drivel or obviously inflammtory comments.

Nonetheless this is by far the best Game Forum I have EVER participated in... period. I attributed this to two main facts. More mature audience, ie. we are all 28+ years old on average and the vigilant moderation by the staff at BTS.

I cannot tell you how much I have learned here from simply lurking!

Now all I need to be happy is to convince BTS that their website needs some serious overhaul work, visually in particular. I am 100% convinced they have lost sales due to the rather amatuerish look of the site. No need for flash or fancy stuff, just change the sandback background and get rid of the cheesy pirate flag!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't agree about this being the "best" forum, I've been an (active) member of the Combatsim/SimHQ EAW community for probably 3 years and they take my vote. However, this does seem to be a good forum for the reason you mentioned, the overall maturity (although I am only 19 now and was 18 when I started coming here, sorry to spoil your demographics ;)) is definitely a plus.

And I agree totally, this website could use a real overhaul. The yellow background is disgusting and they really need to either hire a professional or take some serious time to rework it. "Packaging" and "marketing" might be scoffed at by all you uber-grogs but when it comes down to it, it is important and the professionalism of the "packaging" reflects on the product itself.

Lurkers of the world unite!

[ 09-23-2001: Message edited by: KMHPaladin ]

Heh,

I too slipped into lurker status some time ago. I still drop by the find new mod news and catch new info on CM2, but I long ago realized I couldn't keep up with the board, my (long since defunct) site, and PBEMs. I have too many other commitments. So now I play the AI and friends at LAN parties when I can, and quietly wait for CM2 (and wish for a speedy update to our beloved western front game!).

Back to quiet mode... ;)

Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AD:

There are lurkers... and then there are the true lurkers. The few, the proud, the ancient junior members....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I post every once in a while just to make sure my login still works. Great game, doesn't run on NT and I'm never home to play so reading here is a bitter sweet experience.