Wow I'm definitely going to give my $45 to the battlefront.com cause!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Reuven:

Does anyone know how many copies of combat mission were sold? How far away is combat mission 2?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Billions served. CM2 out late this year.

Buy the game, you wont regret it, trust me. Its much better than the demo even, alots changed for the better. Also, once you recieve the game, join a gaming club (ladder) likeBand of Brothers. There you can find many opponents. They have a ranking system so you can tell the experience of the member your about to do battle with and have tournamnets and sponsered battles. Lots of fun. Just buy the game already!

Just played the demo and I must say that it's been a nice change from the buggy WW II Online. Does anyone know how many copies of combat mission were sold? How far away is combat mission 2?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's been sold out at least twice.

And another great thing is that almost EVERY texture in the game can be modified.

CM2 or CM:BB (Barbarossa to Berlin) is due out near the end of the year give or take a month or so.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yeknod:

Subvet

Been meaning to ask. How'd yer get information to play games on CAL ladder (daily information from front)? Played it once, great idea.

Yeknod

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you're confusing the tournament house CAL ladder with something else. I can't remember the name of the thing that I think you are referring to at the moment. CAL at tournament house is pretty much the same as the regular t-house ladder but the games are played under a set of rules. You can see the rules on this web page for more info. Here is a quote from the CAL site: "The Combined Arms League is setup to offer players a league to play in that encourages tactical play style. We are trying to avoid "Powergamer" play that exploits weakness in CMBO’s game engine or force mix. When you sign on to play in CAL a set of Guidelines is in place to assist with CAL play style."

Yeah, where IS the Borg? Did something bad happen to him (I hope not)

Lewis, there are 6600 registered members on the forum, most of whom (we hope) bought the game. I wonder how many people have the game but aren't on the forum? Of course, it'd be sacrilege (or somefink) to play the game but not be part of the in crowd :cool:

That's meant as an honest question BTW; I've often wondered how many people play CM with no connection to this forum.

DjB

Just played the demo and I must say that it's been a nice change from the buggy WW II Online. Does anyone know how many copies of combat mission were sold? How far away is combat mission 2?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, no flying tanks here.

Anyway welcome aboard and say goodbye to the wife/girlfriend/etc...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug Beman:

Lewis, there are 6600 registered members on the forum, most of whom (we hope) bought the game. I wonder how many people have the game but aren't on the forum? Of course, it'd be sacrilege (or somefink) to play the game but not be part of the in crowd :cool:

That's meant as an honest question BTW; I've often wondered how many people play CM with no connection to this forum.

DjB<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The best answer anyone can give you is "most". I know quite a few people who never even heard of this forum, much less post here. Many of the players on the ladders never even post here, and thats only a tiny portion of the CM community.

I would guess for every person who is registered here, we can safely assume 2 or 3 never post, arent registered, and dont participate in the community whatsoever.